Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews

Showing all 5,822 reviews
the start day
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingstree, SCMay 24, 2019
i learn you have to understand what some people or saying and no where there coming from and not get a attitude with people so fast to be patient and listen.
Sykes work at home is the best!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeMay 24, 2019
Sykes is a great place to work, excellent training program, chat support whenever you need help, great tools, mutual respect and appreciation, just show up every day and do your personal best and you will be appreciated for it, weekly coachings, the tech support team are very helpful and get you back up and running in no time, the pay could always be better, but working from home you do save money on your commute and food for lunches, you have to be self-disciplined and self-motivated to work any job from home, stress free work environment, benefits are low cost and there are other discount perks, the only downside I can think of is when you are in between assignments like I am right now, I am waiting to interview for a new position and it's taking forever and I really miss my job!
Pros
zero commute/save money/low stress
Cons
waiting on a new assignment/missing wages
convenient working from home
Call Center Agent (work from home) (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 23, 2019
i thoroughly enjoyed the convenience of working from home, but there were some drawbacks as well, which included faulty equipment being deployed that kept me from adhering to my schedule and miscommunication regarding deployed equipment and the effects it had on my performance.
Borderline toxic and hostile work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lindon, UT/Provo, UTMay 23, 2019
I worked at this company over a year. Despite being punctual to work, and then being polite and professional with the customer base this third party customer service contractor was under contract to help, every workday was packed with very high stress levels, contention and verbal abuse (in part from the contracting company's customer base), and personal attacks and harassment from Sykes management. Furthermore, the parent company's procedural protocols and polices changed dozens of times per work day, leaving plenty of room for entry-level employee error, which was still often cited and corrective action taken by higher-ups despite entry-level employees following the then-rules.

Sykes management is dishonest, taking away PTO without prior notification nor justification, encouraging employee(s) to not be at work when employees weren't able to come in seldom instances, but still cited the employee(s) for not doing so, then denying any said encouragement.

Sykes management frequently harassed and insulted me because of the fact I am an educated person (college or better), because of the fact. This included name-calling and frequently pulling me aside during the busier work times of a given work day to do a call review (sometimes more than one in a work day), asking me about details of 'call-A' or 'call-B', asking for my "professional" opinion as an educated person. When I gave my opinion, management would openly disagree, then gave me call feedback and said that the feedback should be easy for the employee(s) to follow because I was an educated person (yet, the feedback
  more... given was what had already happened).

I also noticed a trend of an unjustified, unannounced and unwarranted reduction of bi-weekly paycheck. I had been deliberately deceived by upper-management on multiple occasions.

The workplace was very unsanitary. I also noticed a pattern of corporate punitive action(s) for entry-level employees despite doing the job correctly and demonstrating reliability and adherence to work schedule(s); managers consistently harass and insult entry-level employee(s) if they have a college education.

This company offers *no* Sat-Sun weekends. Entry-level employees (especially those with a college education) can expect no work-life balance, nor pay increases or promotion opportunities despite being reliable and high-performing employee(s) (smokers with no college education are favored for upward mobility and higher pay). Furthermore, Sykes does not offer holidays, though upper-management have taken holiday time off and has given preferential treatment to select entry-level employees for time off on major holidays.

I cannot recommend strongly enough to any job seeker(s) against working for this company in any capacity.
Pros
Regular paycheck
Cons
Unjustified declining paycheck(s), deceptive and abusive management, unannounced and unjustified revocation of entry-level employee(s) PTO
You're just a number
Remote Medicare/Medicaid CSR (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 23, 2019
They claim to care about their employees, but they don't. They say you can earn PTO, but it is almost impossible to use it. If you need to take time off, they make you feel bad about it. We were told we shouldn't come to work to get paid. We should be here because we are grateful to have a job and we enjoy the work. Starting pay is $10 an hour, and you get a 0.15 cent raise every 3,000 hours you work, what a joke. They promote based on who they like. They say there is room to grow and advance with the company, but once you are in a program, you are stuck.
Pros
Remote position
Cons
horrible pay, unorganized work environment, OT rarely offered, advancement is impossible, they do not respect or care about their employees
Terrible place to work
Remote Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 22, 2019
poorly trained. poor execution. terrible working conditions. not close to being worth the measly pay. STAY AWAY. The company has no clue what they are doing and could care less about their employees well being.
Official response from Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated
May 24, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We are so sorry to hear that your experience with SYKES has been negative. We will be working to improve our training conditions and work environment for all of our team members.

Nightmare
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMay 21, 2019
Do NOT waste your time. People leave here regularly and should. My mother in law was fired from there for getting a tad snippy and she had been there 12+ years, no advancement, no help, no pay increase and barely anything for retirement savings. Hateful staff, they let other employees goof off and break rules constantly, let them vape in the building, and much more.

I worked here too and I can confirm this place is horrible with workplace bullying, poor management, no room for advancement and they dont care about their employees.
Bad.
Retail Support Bilingual and care Bilingual (Former Employee) –  Alpine Ridge, NSMay 21, 2019
They will cut your hours because you are a number.
You will complain and they will pretend to listen.
You will give everything you got and they still will give you the same speach.

If you have another choice of job or if you have the opportunity to leave, do yourself a favor and go somewhere they will pay, give you hours so you can live.

Working close to the minimum salary means you can't miss work especially if you have kids. If you are not lazy and you are hardworking, if you wish to keep your humanity, do not go to Sykes.
Pros
Free time
Cons
No money
Work From Home
Coach- Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jasper, ALMay 21, 2019
To be really honest I love working for Sykes. They offer a lot of great opportunities. Not only in advancements but campaigns also. In my time at Sykes I have been on 2 different programs and was promoted on one program within 5 months.
good for work at home
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Home BasedMay 20, 2019
the calls started off slow then got busy. i worked here over 5 years ago dont know what its like now. they sent me everything i needed but a monitor and headset
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTMay 20, 2019
Skyes claims to care about their employees, but after working there for two months, that’s not true at all. Employees have brought in doctors notes so their days will be excused(they’re very strict on attendance and tardies) but Sykes doesn’t care. Also if you wear something that management doesn’t agree with, they will grab other managers and make a big scene about how your outside is inappropriate.
Pros
Big break room
Cons
Short breaks, poor management
revolving door job
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  at homeMay 19, 2019
see above. So many issues with this company, several listed below in cons. Only benefits to this job: Health benefits after 6 months and you can work from home.
Pros
work from home
Cons
work past midnight, barely over minimum wage rates, job expectations continuously changing making metrics nearly impossible to meet.
Poor Management
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 19, 2019
Management is terrible, lack of training, poor ability to communicate or provide assistance. Workplace culture is high level stress, 30 minute lunch with two 10 min breaks, and horrible pay.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
High level stress, terrible pay
Horrible Communication
Turbo Tax Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alpine, COMay 18, 2019
The trainings are quick for the work from home positions. More reading then actually being taught. Then you are thrown into taking calls.

They weren't communicating when each project was ending, then once the project ended they left us out there employed but no payment
They have poor mangers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingstree, SCMay 18, 2019
The managers don’t do there when you need some help with the customer bill they will tell you do it your self that’s why you was in training for you got mangers go with mangers it’s like if you got a problem with your manger you can’t talk to no about it it’s like they know it all.
Pros
Lunch break
Cons
Short breaks
First BPO and a cool management
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Mandaluyong CityMay 18, 2019
This is my first BPO. This is the company that gave me a chance to be in the BPO industry, though I was a fresh grad at the time and don't have any experience yet.
One of the best work from home companies
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 17, 2019
I worked for Sykes back when it was Alpine Access over 8 years ago. If you get into a program that is new, there are a lot of overtime and advancement opportunities that you can apply for. Older programs may have difficulty getting advancement opportunities though.

Management is some of the best I have seen for my program, they really cared for their employees and even if times were tough, they would create secondary opportunities for employees to pick up hours to offset any lull periods due to slow seasons.

The hardest part of the job, is to remember it is still a job. Customer Service positions have surveys and not all surveys will be good or something you can control, but as long as you show willingness to help and convey that over the phone, then management doesn't micromanage your scores.
Pros
Awesome Management, Possible Advancement, Possible Overtime
Cons
Depends on the age of the program you get, Can be hard to advance. Raises are very low despite being ever 3000 hours (1.5 years as full time)
This company does not care about your time
N/A (Former Employee) –  N/AMay 17, 2019
This company only values the people who give them their bread and butter. I am not sure why but this company lies about the availability of positions and it needs to stop.
Pros
Cons
Liars
Great learning experience
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Malvern, ARMay 17, 2019
I was a manager there for a few years and it taught me tools that I use today in my career. It also gives you an opportunity to learn how to manage multiple people and to set and accomplish goals
Ok job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 16, 2019
If you like working with customers and answering their questions back to back then this the job for. Pay is good and the hours are flexible. Sykes cares about their employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K