Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews

Found 5,332 reviews matching the search See all 5,333 reviews
Would not recommend this job unless you had no other choice
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARDecember 9, 2018
Management was terrible. Tried to move up several times and was denied every time because of "metrics". you also cap out on pay very fast which is barely enough to live on
Pros
its a job
Cons
short breaks, low pay
Productive and fun you can assure the future.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Taguig CityDecember 7, 2018
You can make lots of friends and you can learn how to manage your time and they will give you a good health benefits they also have a good facilities and they will give you time to your family.
Pros
free meals
Cons
problem about the shift
Productive and a fun environment to work in.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCDecember 6, 2018
Working at Sykes was a great experience for me. The environment is relaxed and not stressful at all. You're easily promoted so you can move up fast in your career. Overall, Sykes was a pleasure to work for.
great work force bad management
Level 1 Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PADecember 6, 2018
not a great management staff wonderful workmates . great products to work on clients are a knowledgeable crowd and understand the product would i recommend anybody to work there no
Pros
great products
Cons
bad management
it can be a good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  OregonDecember 5, 2018
Sykes is an outsource company so the type of work is dependent on the contract, the employer will usually try to work with employees and help them succeed.
Great Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONDecember 5, 2018
Great place to work and the benefits of working at home and the medical/dental/vision benefits as well are excellent.

Managers and supervisors are great and very approachable as well.
Great opportunities.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Wilton, maineDecember 5, 2018
I worked at Sykes on two different occasions (temporary assignments). Two very different jobs, the phones would sometmies be very overwhelming since one job was an "automatic dialer" that would dial as soon as you were off a previous call. The other job was people calling in needed help with certain credit cards. This job was quite simple but sometimes very frusterating due to some calls were for customers unemployment and when they hadn't received funds you would be on the phone for extended periods of time explaining that you didn't know where the funds were. (we dealt with the CARDS not the actual unemployment). The other staff members were great to work with management was fun and I typically would be asked to cover the managers shifts if they were sick or on lunch. the hours for one of the jobs was two different times 8-4 or 9-5. The other was staggered through the day and was selected by seniority, attendance, and just how well you were doing. I was on the higher end and wanted the late shifts (5p-1a). lots of reading time.. overall great job.
Pros
flexible hours, fun staff.
Cons
calls were sometimes overwhelming.
Electrics
Electrician (Former Employee) –  London, Greater LondonDecember 5, 2018
Well this was a good job because It was a friend that I was working with who took me to London in the van every morning and back but yeah it was a really good experience I enjoyed it alot and it was really different to house work as in London it's commercial work so all the stuff you work on is all different and much bigger like the cables are much bigger and thicker as more power has to run through so it's alot harder to work on.
Pros
We normally just go somewhere for lunch at around 12ish
Cons
12 hours
Convenient but not reliable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  RemoteDecember 4, 2018
I was laid off from my position after just a few months. I thought I had hit the lotto by getting a work from home job, but back to commuting I went when I found out how unreliable it was. Plus the pay wasn’t that great. Also you don’t get paid if you have internet connection issues or anything else that could impede your ability to work. I don’t want to work at home again unless I’m working for myself.
Pros
No commute
Cons
Not enough work, managers/team leads often ignored questions I asked during calls, low pay
a good job.
customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTDecember 4, 2018
It was a fast pace job. I worked hard an got paid for my efforts. Management is understanding and were willing to work with me on things when they came up.
Awesome
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCDecember 3, 2018
I loved sykes but as I was getting older I needed a stronger finance. My supervisor was AMAZING and so was my team. And they worked with my spiritual beliefs. I loved it
Great Place to Work
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTDecember 3, 2018
I have been working for Sykes for over 3 years and I love it! The people are amazing to work with and I never feel unsupported. Management is great and allow you the flexibility to manage your business but are always there to support when needed. Workplace culture is fun and there are always engagement activities going on.
fun workplace
IT Helpdesk (Former Employee) –  Mandaluyong CityDecember 3, 2018
Working in Sykes is a very happy experience. Managers are approachable, colleagues are fun to work with and HR, securities and other staff are nice and approachable.
Pros
nice company
Cons
shifting schedule
Great way to help people with Bank of America problems
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 3, 2018
Corporation is an awesome, global customer contact / support organization that believes in "Helping people one caring interaction at a time". (They call it "Business Process Outsourcing".) Go to www.sykes.com to view what they do as a corporation. Love the corporation and highly recommend them.

At my site, we supported Bank of America checking, savings, and online / mobile banking customers. As a highly regulated industry, working with changing Federal regulations, change was frequent. While there is emphasis on average call time, the primary emphasis is the quality of information / service given.
Pros
insurance & some discounts available, though insurance not free
Cons
After the $0.25 / hour raise at 6 months, you're stuck at my site.
Buen ambiente laboral
ejecutivo de ventas (Former Employee) –  Tlalnepantla, Méx.December 2, 2018
Buena empresa para aprender en el ámbito de calle center
Pros
Cerca de mi casa
Cons
No pagan bien
It is what it is - a call center
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Makati CityDecember 2, 2018
Operate very typical of other call centers. The place offers good perks/benefits to team members depending on the account you get assigned to but working night shifts - is it really worth it?
good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 2, 2018
its a good place to work not much advancement opportunities it was good for a set schedule but defiantly hard to change your schedule. i think that it has potential to be an excellent place to work and would consider going back
Meh
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Berlin, 10997, DEDecember 1, 2018
Its average. The benefits are alright. The people that work there are better than the place itself
Very safe and nice workplace.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCNovember 30, 2018
Everyday you where assigned to talk to customers from bank of America about their credit card problems. I had a very great manager very understandable which took stress of the job.
Na
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  AlabangNovember 29, 2018
I worked at SYKES full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Helping customer with excellent service

Cons

Basic salary is too low.

Advice to Management

Good work management and environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K