Sysco

Sysco Employee Reviews

Showing all 5,240 reviews

This is a good job

This is a good job and it has good benefits. Hours are flexible and the office is new and has a keurig machine, free coffee and healthy snacks. Food trucks every week.

Fun place to work

In order to be successful at food sales for Sysco you have to be a self starter and be persistent with calling restaurants. I don’t know hope they do it now but when I started all the new sales reps had to go through a 2 week training program which in thought was great because it weeded out people who weren’t cut out to do the job. Overall, it’s a good place to work but you need to work hard to make the big bucks.

August 9, 2022
We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed your time working for Sysco. Thank you for leaving your valuable feedback and we wish you luck with your future endeavors!

Excellent Work Environment

The thing I loved about this job is everything lol. I mean the managers at Sysco work with you no matter what your situation is. One thing is you controlled how much you made all depending on how fast and safe you can work. Everyone works with each other and your not working against each other. Overall I enjoyed and loved every day I went to work.

August 9, 2022
We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We try to create an open, inclusive, collaborative environment that brings out the best in each member of our diverse team! We wish you the best in your future endeavors!

Good pay

Good pay 30 dollars an hour pension and family medical fully paid by company Teamsters union 60 to 65 hour weeks Paid doubles after 12 hours Must be willing to unload

August 9, 2022
Your feedback is greatly appreciated! Sysco works to make sure each associate is appropriately rewarded for their hard work and dedication to our company. Sysco values you and your efforts to help us fulfill our Vision to be our customer’s most valued and trusted business partner!

Great

Want good money? Willing to work ling hours? Then this is the place to be. Great pay with opportunity when you work there for a little while. Would recommend if your a dedicated worker with the time to work overtime

Fine

Decent job if you are just starting in the industry and need experience not much more to say about the job to be honest has decent benefits as well...

August 8, 2022
We appreciate the time you took to leave a review. Sysco values our hardworking associates, and we’re committed to providing them with a competitive, comprehensive pay and benefits package. Thank you for your positive feedback!

Sysco is a decent place to work

Management could be open-minded and consider other employees on their team for promotions other than friends. Just be fair across the board. Communication really benefits everyone when it is applied.

August 8, 2022
We appreciate your feedback. Sysco aims to provide the best management and support possible for our associates, and we take your feedback seriously. We encourage you to reach out to us at 877-777-4020 so that we can directly address your concerns.

Sacrifice your freedom

- Three months of probation and no benefits during that period. Injured? Pay medicine for yourself- Turnover rate is through the roof (80% of new hires won't stay after three months due to the hard work and lack of support from supervisors)- Very hard work- Fast-paced- They will require you to pick (box-case) at an unbelievable rate- Body becomes damaged within a few months (muscle damage, back pain, mentality, you name it...)- You will always always be exhausted (lift hundreds of kinds of boxes and short break time-day)-About the free food? True, but only the damaged ones are given away for free, sometimes, but not always. Discount food? Not even close- They will trick you, (The supervisors) give you some fault information (lie) which is never existed- Night shift, so say goodbye to your home/social life (11~13 hours/shift, if you go home after 10 hours of work, some supervisor will have "a little discussion" with you)- The money is really good, but your life is really bad- Benefits...you have to pay for it, not much but not free, at all- There is no chance of advancement- The management and the HR are among the worst, have some issues, reported them and nothing has been fixed=>Did nothing and fix nothing- Don't work in the Freezer otherwise your hand will be frozen-frostbite. They won't give you pair of gloves (they did but not the proper one) and they won't give you the Freezer bonus as they said-I have a problem with the Freezer bonus, talked to HR and my Supervisor, but they did nothing about it, and they keep refusing and pushing responsibility to another. -

August 9, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your experience working at Sysco. We are committed to creating an open, diverse, and respectful environment and take feedback from our current and former associates very seriously. We’re disappointed to read that you haven’t had a good experience and hope that you have provided feedback to the leadership of your Sysco company so that your specific concerns can be addressed. There are many options at Sysco for providing feedback including anonymous methods –––such as the SyscoSpeaks Associate Engagement Survey and the Sysco Ethics Line. If you haven’t already, we hope you will take the time to share the specifics of your feedback in a way that will enable leadership to act on your concerns.

No cumplen con lo que ofrecen

No es recomendable trabajar alli porque no cumple con lo qie te ofrecen en la entrevista

Awesome company if you're not afraid of hard work.

Great pay, benefits, incentives if you're not shy of hard work. You're going to work or you're not going to last. Management is helpful. You work for them, they'll work for you.

Pros

Pay, incentives, no micromanaging

Cons

It's a job.

August 5, 2022

Fun place to work, good people to work with. I been there a very long time so I know about everything.

Its ok to work, great pay very hard schedule to balance your personal life and work life, management is ok. You work alot of overtime when schools get back in

August 5, 2022
Thank you for your review! Our associates are the reason we have become a global leader, and we work hard to maintain an inclusive community across the company. We hope your positive experiences continue!

The pay is really good if you up for the challenge

I like the fact that you will build your experience driving a truck. The pay is good and if you like overtime you will have plenty at Sysco. But prepare yourself for the challenge and the physical work

Pros

Good pay, lots of over time, everyone is very helpful

Cons

Long day's (12 to 14 hr.) Very physical and demanding work.

August 4, 2022

I enjoy working here. Fast paced and good money. You have problems every where at any job but it's all about how you deal with it to be honest. This job is not for slackers/hackers.

August 3, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to give feedback about what it’s like to work at Sysco. You are helping us fulfill our Vision to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner!

Great place to work if you want to work

I love my job. I come to work with a positive outlook and it’s noticed and appreciated. I’ve been able to pick up a lot of experience and develop a greater understanding of the food industry and distribution of goods. Sysco gave me an opportunity that most employers won’t. The opportunity to grow within the company is there if your desire is there. Overall it’s a great company and I love what I do here.

Pros

Wages, experience, stamina builder

Cons

Long hours, physical

August 2, 2022

Corporation, your just a number.

Sysco is a corporation, expect minimal rewards at the expense of your hard work. No work life balance, unsafe , long hours, dwindling benefits. Seniority does not count. Unforgiving logistics , poorly planned routing wasting time and fuel. Raises are miles away matching inflation. Horrible pension plan. Physically demanding 10/12 hours day consistently. Must work weekends and holidays. Upper management promote false promises.High turnover is a result of all the factors mentioned.

Cons

Physically demanding, no work life balance

August 2, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your experience working at Sysco. We are committed to creating an open, diverse, and respectful environment and take feedback from our current and former associates very seriously. We’re disappointed to read that you didn’t have a good experience and hope that you provided feedback to the leadership of your Sysco company so that your specific concerns could be addressed. There are many options at Sysco for providing feedback including anonymous methods such as the SyscoSpeaks Associate Engagement Survey and the Sysco Ethics Line. Again, we are sorry to learn that your experience with Sysco was disappointing. We wish you the very best in the future.

You can make a good wage

It hard on your body and mind , if you can keep up you productivity you can make good wage but you will wake up in the morning and feel like a truck hit you , gave half my life to them and they don’t care one bit , good luck

Pros

If your productive enough you can make good money

Cons

They use there employees, they don’t care about your family life, high deductible insurance, not a fun place to work, they don’t care about you after giving them half of your life to them, I was a 25 year employee they didn’t do anything to keep me there

August 2, 2022

excellent benefits modern technology available to help do the job.

I learned about corporate management related to food industry / sales. The hardest part of the job was the amount of reports and meetings. The best part was working for the leader in the industry.

August 2, 2022

Ok pay, hard work, and long hours

Difficult job because of the nature of the work however poor management makes the situation worse until management improves turn over rate will remain high

August 3, 2022
We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. The well-being and safety of Sysco employees is very important to us, we’re sorry to read you didn’t enjoy your career with us. We take your feedback seriously and encourage you to contact us at 877-777-4020 to discuss your concerns in greater detail.

Overwhelming workload

Too much work load and too many stops. Should be 12 stops maximum. There is not enough time to complete these stops and shouldn’t base the average time to complete a certain stop off of someone else everyone works different and faster/slower than others. Trailers are packed and loaded to the point you can’t walk through your trailer most of the time and packed to the point you can’t roll your handtruck down ramp because a pallet with product is in the way.

August 1, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We really appreciate all of the time and energy our associates put into working for Sysco, and we take your feedback seriously. We’re disappointed to read that you aren't having a good experience and hope that you provided feedback to leadership so that your specific concerns could be addressed.

Hard work but it pay off

It was a good company to work for if u ain't a lazy person. U just have to stick with it and it'll become easier, but u will feel the ache and pain once u work there long enough. The management was very helpful most time but not always. I did enjoy working there if I was younger.

Pros

Paid, they feed u way more than my old jobs, and management was very good

Cons

Long hours, breaking down pallet to get 1 or 2 case, and if your new there forget about getting a vacation in spring r summer

August 1, 2022

It's what you make of it

You can make a good amount of money here as an entry level selector if you are productive/accurate and you're willing to put in the hours. 80k plus a year is easily attainable with about 50 hours per week. Benefits are excellent. It can be stressful at times and work/life balance is not great. How much you're willing to put in is what you'll get back.

August 1, 2022

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sysco. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits