Taco Bell

Taco Bell Employee Reviews

Showing all 32,541 reviews

Great Place, Good Food

Managers are willing to help you improve and advance within the company. The hours are usually flexible. Breaks are 30 minutes which is enough for cashiers especially those working part time.

No where to eat.

I say get your money. Do what you have to. It’s not a great job but it’s a job nonetheless. Work, save your money, advance in life and leave. Be amazing.

Most negative place

I worked for the company for almost 5 years working my way from service champ. No proper training, always understaffed and always do more work than what you earn for.

Pros

Free food

Cons

no breaks ever and no time for life outside of work

Always extra hours, it's what you bring into it

With goes very quickly during night shift when it's busy. There are always extra hours to pick up and they paid and allowed overtime for the shift leads .

It was fun while I worked there at the time. If there long enough there did seem to be room to grow within.

Review summary pretty much summed it up for me. I liked working there at the time learned a lot while working there. Patience, organization, and time management were a few things I believe I grew in. My manager was nice she was accommodating.

Some of the best training I’ve seen. Great place to work. Love coming to work everyday and help people.

I wake up everyday and get to place restaurant. I love this job! Some of the best training I’ve seen. Great place to work. Love coming to work everyday and helping people.

Pros

Free food, free drinks. Managers are nice and understanding.

Cons

It’s a busy place. If you don’t like moving fast and standing for a minimum of 4 hours.

Horrible atmosphere, complete dead end

Definitely not somewhere you want to stay very long, always the last choice. Learning the job is easy but once you learn it you’re never doing it good enough. Management makes empty promises about anything from scheduling to promotions

Pros

Free food

Cons

Everything else

Not a bad place to work if it’s your first job or if it’s very temporary

The free meals on the job were nice. The people I met were nice…mostly. Part of the reason I quit was due to a creepyish manager. The other reason why I quit was because the pay rate wasn’t satisfying. The tasks are easy to get a hang of but get boring overtime. Managers were nice to me but seem to behave differently towards some other coworkers. Overall, as long as you don’t plan to stay here for too long it can be a decent little easy job.

Pros

Free meals on the job, discounted meals any other time, easy tasks

Cons

Gets boring, can be fast paced and busy, mediocre pay rate

Loved the people not the job

My coworkers were great the higher ups demanded way to much from the limited staff we had made work suck even more than it already did. Made us feel unappreciated

Pros

Discount lunch

Cons

Missed breaks long hrs no days off most weeks

Awesome

Working at taco bell has been an odd time in life. Its difficult to maintain a healthy dose of self respect for myself while employed here. Free tacos, currently is what makes life worth living

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

I feel terrible about my direction in life.

Excellent opportunity all the free food I want

Excellent opportunity to eat tacos every single day. The opportunity to meet and work with great people . The flexible hours allow me to work when I want to work

Pros

Free food

It's a job.

It's a min wage job. But you get free tacos from time to time. Hours are rough. Customers are a pain in the you-know-where. But it pays some of the bills.

Pros

Free tacos

Cons

Not too many free tacos

It's a place for kids to learn the work environment

The store j worked at was horrible and dirty. They had mold and a bug problem they promised promotion only if you threatened to quit and that was still a lie. If you didn't do drugs with GM you weren't mangement material. Got made fun of by employees and management for having so many kids. Not a good place to work.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Favoritism, on your feet all day with no breaks, hostile work environment

good for a short time but never a long one

its your average fast food job. as a manger there i can say the best thing about the job is the people and the community. i would not want this as a long lasting career but as something to tide you over till you finder a better job or a stepping stone.

Pros

community, fast paced

Cons

no benefits, angry customers, low pay

No, just no.

No, just no. Having worked physical jobs with intense labor and longer hours. With Taco Bell, I was more exhausted, stressed out with management, in pain, and sore then all of my past jobs.

Pros

None.

Fast Paced, Easy Promotion, Low Pay. Good First Job!

The Taco Bell I worked for had fun coworkers and the boss was nice. There was times when the work was way more than we were getting paid more. I don’t recommend spending more than 2 years at the company because the pay never gets good.

Pros

Free Lunches!

Cons

Healthcare benefits is horrible and Pay is Very Low.

Just a job to get experience in highschool

Work wasn't hard, the only time it would get stressful was during lunch rushes but even then you do your work and you should be fine. You learn how to communicate with customers and how to manage cashier duties. Management just like anywhere else depends on your location if they are good or not. The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers. If it weren't for them I wouldn't have stayed as long as I did.

Pros

Half off for lunch

Cons

Breaks go by very quickly

Not too fun and smelling like tacos all the time

not too good if you ask me, food smells terrible and you have customers screaming at you all the time. very low pay for doing work that deserves much more pay

Very high pace work environment in which you will receive minimum pay and benefits and yet they expect maximum effort from you

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend making a career at this company or any other fast food company for that matter because to them you're likely only ones and zeros they only care about profits they care very little for their employees and will toss you aside when it's convenient for them to do so. And not only that the low pay and high stress leads to a brain drain and mental fatigue so surprise surprise! Many people don't want to work for this company and others like it And with that being said please remember that company loyalty means nothing to a company especially a conglomerate.

Pros

Sometimes dependent on managers you can receive free meals and drinks.

Cons

Short breaks, rude customers and managers and coworkers alike, low pay and benefits.

Pretty usual

Typical experience in food service, depending on management hours can be flexible and great for people who need to work late nights. I think compared to other food places the pay is decent

Easy money, but stressful environment.

Overall my years with the company was a learning experience. Taught me how to work under pressure and work short staffed. Management wasn't bad, it could've been better. The worst part was when co-workers didn't show up for scheduled shifts (no repercussions whatsoever) and when managers sat on their lazy behinds and didn't help during a rush/at all. The most enjoyable moment was the relationship I had with certain co-workers cause we knew how to make it a enjoyable shift.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Almost no breaks, air conditioner wouldn't work at times, and certain managers didn't care about your personal life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Taco Bell. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

8.9K