Taco Bell

Taco Bell Employee Reviews

Found 33,566 reviews matching the searchSee all 33,567 reviews

Managment

Overall the experience was good but management was poor. I liked the enviroment and my coworkers. I also enjoyed cleaning the lobby, but i felt like i was being takin advantage of.

Not bad considering other places

Good opportunity for growth. They try to advance in house and they are willing to discuss raises when asked. Yearly increases automatically and bonus potential.

Pros

Money

Cons

Health insurance not the best, lack of communication from some upper management

Pretty flexible with the schedule

Flexible scheduling when there are enough worker, which is an issue most of the time. They hire about anyone and everyone, not too selective, great place to work at as a first job but not the best place to stay at, their pays are minimum wage.

Ups and Downs

Taco Bell was my first job and it definitely was a good idea to work there. My coworkers became some of my best friends, we would always go and hotbox the "back of the house" (the back of the restaurant) There is a pattern where it gets busy at 4PM and sometimes the rush can last up till closing time. The workplace culture fluctuated between being toxic and rude, to hard work and determination. I would say the job is not fun, but the people I met there made up for the stressful rush hours.

Fast paced work environment

Fast paced, can get stressful when it gets busy and when it's short staffed. They have been flexible with my schedule so that's a plus. Pay is little better than most fast food places but still low (especially since food&gas getting more expensive) Opportunities for advancement if you're up for that.

Pros

Flexible schedule, free meals

Cons

Stressful, busy working environment

Unorganized

There was no order there and the back needed a thorough cleaning.My register was given to me short starting out and that was frustrating.The music in back was really loud and employees would just leave the line in the middle of lunch for breaks.

Low pay gets you unreliable coworkers

Not a day goes by without someone calling out or not showing up or late if they do show up. You get what you pay for. You will work hard and not be compensated well or being told thank you for your effort. Don’t expect much it’s just a check until you find something better.

Professional and fun but not always easy.

The job itself is a cakewalk if you simply focus, it can be extremely stressful at times but if you find a way to make it fun really no complaints at all. pay was a little low when i worked there considering the cost of living in the area but i was able to compensate for that by collecting overtime. Something you weren't supposed to do but when you're the only one that answers the phone and is willing to come in early and or stay late... well they stop complaining after a bit.

Awesome

Best place to work! I really enjoyed all the time and places! I really liked the volcano tacos as well as other customers but they got rid of them! I felt like we lost our customers due to that

Pros

Lunches!

Cons

Short breakers

Productive and fun work environment

I love my coworkers and my job is fun and productive. I get a 20% discount on my days off. All employees are friendly. The management team is very supportive and they help their employees understand the rules.

fun place to work

i enjoy helping all the lovely customers and i also enjoy the manager ahe is a real nice person and the co workers are also some of the nicest people i have ever met.

Overall meh experience

Prepare to be underpaid and overworked in a understaffed environment, that chastises the only hard workers they have. Stay away. Perfect for 1st time job

Pros

Free food

Cons

Customers, cleanliness, employees talk a lot of smack about everyone so be prepared

Horrible. do not work here

The management is a joke, they state they can work with health problems and then threaten to fire you. Don't ask for a break during an 8-hour shift or a manager may throw a hissy fit and walk out.

Felt no appreciation ever

Constant belittlement despite our situation not one time was praised for even trying to make things work. Coworkers were not being dealt with fairly. Low pay compared to what we do. Team members don’t even get all the benefits listed on the website it starts at shift leader.

Good first job

It's a good place to have a first job and learn basic food industry skills, good entry level opportunity. Free employee meal each shift which is also nice.

Expect a lot for little pay and not fully staffed

Learning the job isn’t to hard even though they don’t have the best trainers cause there so buy to teach. They don’t pay a lot and expect you to do so much work and will send people home for labor and expect you to pick up the slack for the same pay.

It was a pretty decent job

It was easy enough for a minimum wage job, hours were flexible. Management was helpful with most work place issues. Most of the coworkers you meet there are nice aswell

Sorry place to call a job

Managers are a always a joke, crew members are half brain dead most times. Always tension about something. Drama at every store Ive worked at. Even when he have enough workers it’s still the same workers doing their job while they stand around.

Workers aren’t paid enough for the hard work that they do

Over worked and underpaid. Employees are good. The few that are there but they will leave because they are overworked and not compensated for it. Taco Bell makes enough money to pay their employees well they just won’t do it.

Super fun! However, more of a place to hangout with your friends while making some money.

I have had a fun and exciting time working at this location! I have worked in 4 other locations as well, to see how well the management of operations worked for the ES-O-EN franchise and their employees. This was a super fun and inclusive couple weeks I spent here! Staff at store #001531 were super inclusive of their staff, and non discriminatory on every single level. However, it did seem to be more of a place to just come hangout with your friends and make money. Which does make for a super fun and strong team, but also has its own downsides. 95% of the Managers and Team leads were friends outside of the work environment with Regular Team Members. That then lead to hard work/home boundaries. Many of the Regular Team Members would be late very often, with no consequence or even conversation about the violation of company policy. This created a "Oh it's okay i did it last time" sort of attitude towards certain issues. The General Manager of this specific location has an amazing hard-working attitude/work ethic and is very passionate/driven to improve the speed goals and productivity of the store. The most difficult part of working here was definitely the lack of care from "Team Leads" (not actually Leads, but still running shifts?!) and the Assistant General Manager. This particular individual was either in the most happy, funny, and silly mood, or just simply not present. They would be super rude when talking about any particular customer that tested the patience of them, as well as the whole crew as soon as the individual left or was out of view. What that seemed to have caused -

Pros

Fun Staff, Friend-Like team, fast paced, decently organized

Cons

Vulgar language heard throughout entire store; as well as drive through

Easy

Easy job and easy to use for a workout workout or a massage at your workout time and workout workout lol lol love love it too lol okie love love miss

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Taco Bell. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits
  • Taco Bell
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?