Tesco

Tesco Employee Reviews

Showing all 17,565 reviews

Easy first Job

Ideal first job. The pay is very good for someone of a young age. I enjoyed my time at Tesco mainly because of the people. The tasks are simple and anyone could do it.

Good places and bad places to work. Fingers crossed you’re a lucky one.

There are really well run distribution depots and really badly run ones. Fortunately most are well run and organised. You are your own boss once you’ve left the depot and you work to a schedule but it’s very manageable. Loading your own vehicles and for colleagues who relieve your shift. Management are good where I am currently and they help out with any issues. Leave is an issue so get in early with those requests. Good experience to progress with other employers for those interested.

Pros

10% off Tesco shopping and 15% off on Paydays, Pay is every 28 days which may not suit some. Plenty of overtime if wanted

Cons

Set hourly contracts. Not very flexible if you want to decrease or increase hours, Contracts are a bit poor, They only guarantee the hours and Tesco can provide them at any time, so sometimes you may have to change your shift, Not a regular occurrence where I am thankfully

I felt part of a team working there.

But as a flexi contract it wasn'tworking with my childcare situation It's great to wear a uniform as it makes you feel part of a team.also xmas parties are great and discount

Good people, ok work

Colleagues are all friendly, make it a good place to work. Have had no problems with the management, they have all been accommodating with my requirements.

Faded paced doing dot com

Company expect you to know everything , very good pay . Have fun with colleagues managers also help . Hard to get online with the Tesco colleagues help .

Pros

Free food in break room Good pay

Cons

Short breaks Time pressured

Fun to work in meet new people

My first few days are training for four days on 6 to 2 then nights or afters but I prefer nights as I don't sleep well on a night,Good that you get training on your first four days that you have been working there 👍

Pros

Maybe free gym I start today so don't no yet

Cons

Nothing to worry about

Good temporary job

Good job for a few months until you start to become sick of the repetitiveness of the work and the days which seem to get longer and longer every week.

Organised and Welcoming

Typical day at work involved taking products out of the warehouse and putting them on shelves, then making the aisle look nice and returning cages to the warehouse. Sometimes you help customers with queries. Management were nice, obviously they push you to work quickly but they’re always helpful. Coworkers are all friendly, workplace culture is positive.Hardest part of the job for me was moving some of the heavier cages of stock, but there’s always people there to help. Most enjoyable part of the job for me was the friendly coworkers and kind/organised management.

Pros

Welcoming coworkers, free food in canteen

Taking advantage of temps

Everyone starts off as a temporary colleague and I worked here in checkouts for 3 months over the Christmas and New Year period.During the application process I said I could work any day/time and they proceeded to add me to the schedule for 9 hours, 6 days a week. I was once asked to come in to work the next day at 6am when the shift I was on didn’t finish until 10pm. Over Christmas week up until I left on the 4th of January, I had 1 day off and that was Christmas Day.Too many managers working in too many different ways, can be confusing and colleagues behind you will heavily criticise you if you don’t finish every transaction with an essay explaining receipts and coupons etc.The money was good and there was a very small handful of colleagues I enjoyed working with, but those were the only positives while working here.

Pros

Some friendly colleagues. Good pay.

Cons

Long hours. Unappreciated by managers.

Good company no complaints

Good company No complaints Nice to work hereEveryone friendlyManagement are goodSome organisational issues nothing majorWould recommend good start

Liked it

Fun business to work at enjoyed working at the check out and sorting the staff were friendly too I totally recommend this place to anyone whose looking for jobs. Plus the hours are pretty flexible.

Pros

Good pay

Ok but boring

Ok but can be stressful and long hours best thing to is try and progress as quick as you can and then money and benefits will be worth it. Or try and keep your head down and stay away from the politics.

Pros

10% discount

Cons

Bad hours

Decent place to work for short term

Sometimes is busy on the shopfloor with many cages of stock to work, working in departments like fruit and veg it's a bit stressful and heavy while on the tills is more easy usually. There are some good benefits like discounts, flexible hours, sometimes bonuses and good collegues, but if it's quiet they cut the overtimes and give less hours to work. There are some incopetent and rude managers that try to push people to work harder.

Pros

Discounts, bonuses, flexible hours, holiday, good collegues

Cons

Stressful days, lots of stock to work, bad managers

Not what you expect

Bad management one rule for one and one for another they don’t care about mental health they expect you to whimper to their every need also if your face doesn’t fit then your on the rubbish list rubbish jobs constant headaches from management they have their own clicks

Pros

Discount

Cons

Flexi hour contracts

Understaffed, poor management, disorganised, bends the rules to suit themselves.

Unfortunately what they preach is completely different to how they practice. Departments left understaffed, not enough equipment and equipment is damaged/broken. Management unwilling to listen or even acknowledge there’s a problem. You provide solutions to problems and they don’t want to know. Colleagues are not paid enough for what they do. No benefits to being a colleague anymore as it’s all about profits for big bosses. You get 10% off your shopping but that’s limited to a certain amount, no emotional loyalty. There’s no incentives & management just don’t care about the colleagues!

Pros

10% discount off shopping

Cons

Long hours Understaffed Broken/poorly working equipment Managers that’s aren’t trained properly, don’t know what their doing You are just a number!

Maintenance is an alien operation to this retail giant. Company has had a long legacy of neglect and poor maintenance.

Business is trying to introduce modern maintanance methodologies from the top down. All from theory and without the full understanding of operations. This is leading to mistakes and constant corrections. Management have a long history of "cooking the books" on KPI and proven bullying. This is proving difficult to erraticate and successful implication of modern processes. Training department do not understand engineering and introduce ridiculous requests for evidence of skills and knowledge. Company has to introduce structural changes because of issues above. This leads to instability of the company

Pros

relaxed time for completing jobs.

Cons

30mins travel to first job and return from last job is own time. vans are all monitored.

Easy but no job satisfaction

The good news… Benefits you receive are good, 10% discounts on food shops. Now the bad… honestly majority of managers not nice and also pretty lazy. They go against each other in policies and it’s very confusing. Hours are only given out in 7.5 hour contracts and they will only give you more if you’ve been there for years and years. Managers will give you your hours only a week or so in advanced and a lot of the time it will be different shifts which means no time to make plans in your life outside of work. Tesco’s is consuming and it’s toxic.. and I’d advice it only as a stepping stone onto bigger things.You can probably do a lot better than Tesco’s.

Pros

10% discount on food shops 15% discount on food shops after payday 20% discount on clothes

Cons

7.5 contacts Overworked ‘Flexi-worker’ Bad managers

Great place supportive people a place for most people to fit in and feel welcomed p

I enjoyed this friendly work place always smiling ready to help in any situation great staff learning all the time enjoyed seeing a smile on customers faces once that i had helped them.

Pros

Plenty of break beverages on offer near to my home

Cons

Cant think of any cons as all well with me

Brisk but not rushed pace of work. Lovely customers and staff

I enjoyed working at Tesco. Friendly coworkers and flexible shifts. The customers were very polite and friendly. When the store was busy it was all hands on deck with even managers stepping in.

Pros

Flexible hours, supportive management

Cons

Short breaks

Good place if starting out

Was my first job so really can't complain about much. Had a good pay and made decent friends, was a bit stressful but colleagues helped me get the hang of things.

Pros

Good money

Terrible

Terrible place dont care about staff management do what they want have favourites if your face fits you will be looked after women seem to get ahead in the warehouse more than men

Pros

Going home early

Cons

Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesco. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.8K
5.8K
4.1K
1.4K
1.5K

• Tesco
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?