The Ritz-Carlton

The Ritz-Carlton Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,777 reviews

Great place on earth

A place where you can learn and grow but with right attitude and passion for hospitality. You don't ha e to have any hospitality background to start there but with right attitude and if you are hungry for knowledge, you can make if there. The training and learning department is one of the best in the industry..

Lingkungan kerja yang produktif

Makan siang gratis, uniform di laundry dari hotel atau memakai baju bebas dari rumah, bekerja sesuai shift yang ditentukan, bisa request tanggal libur sesuai dengan keperluan penting.

Pros

Bertemu kerabat dari berbagai negara

Cons

Waktu rehat yang sangat sedikit

Its really nice work please I enjoyed

Beautiful place work nice mangment good for all the guest they can stay and happy life there guest come as guest but they check out as friend because we give them lot's of love and care

Pros

some time

Cons

We have a good relation

Innovation and organization

Phenomenal Beauty and style. The chefs are professional and creative. The food is fresh and delivered on time. Holidays are supernatural during peak hours.

Pros

Education

Cons

fun place to work during winter time

I love the people i work with but management is lacking a bit letting the power get to their heads and not actually doing good by employees to keep them.

Used to be fantastic, but it's changed

Worked there for 4 years and saw tons of new managers - some great, some bad. In my time there, I found it hard to be invested in due to low staffing and certain managers. If you're good at your job, you'll be neglected or forgotten in the craziness. Loved the specific team that I worked with, but the GM has somehow cultivated a hostel work environment. Our employee surveys portrayed that, as well as the extreme high turnover of staff that had been there for longer than I had. I saw this first hand, as well as blatant discrimination and favoritism. It's crazy high stress, but also rewarding at times. I loved getting to know the owners and develop those relationships. I enjoyed my time there, but also incredibly thankful it's over since the culture has changed. I do not want to be apart of where this building is going given the current GM in power.

Pros

Decent pay and benefits

Cons

Poor managemt structure, bad GM

Lingkungan nya sangat produktif,ramah semua

Saya sangat suka kerja di sana, berharap di pangil lagi. Walaupun casual departemen steward tapi saya sangat berharap utk di panggil lagi

Pros

Makan siang gratis

Cons

Waktu rehat yang sangat sedikit

St.thomas,V.I. location

Employees have no respect for each other . The best days at work is servicing guest needs. The hardest part at work is staff not standing up to make a successful dat.

Pros

Nine

Cons

Short brakes

El.servicio al huesped es el.mejor del mundo.

La mision de la.empresa es satifacer cada detalle de nuestros huespedes.

Pros

Los beneficios son muchisima

Cons

Son bien exigentes

Great place to work, only downside is the toll that work can take on your personal life.

Hospitality is a great field in general. Nowhere else have I seen ladies start as housekeepers and then progress all the way to senior Food & Beverage leadership. Nowhere else have I seen gentlemen start as valet runners and then progress to running Front Office Operations. These are just a couple of examples from my time at The Ritz-Carlton. If you want to work somewhere with growth opportunities and you're willing to work hard, this is a great place for you. My only "complaint" is that this is a difficult place to work if you have any semblance of family life outside of work.

Pros

Growth opportunities, pay is decent, healthcare and 401k

Cons

Work life balance

Professional environment

I had an amazing experience serving as part of the Ladies and Gentleman of the Ritz Carlton. I am amazed with the companies vision both for the customers and their employees. I hope to serve as a part of the Ritz Carlton company again one day. I will forever be an ambassador for this company and it’s beliefs. #foreverbleedcobaltblue

Pros

To be an ambassador of the Ritz Carlton Company

Cons

Currently not working for the company

Great co workers and environment, management not so much

I loved working here and loved my fellow co workers. Unfortunately upper management (HM and GM) when they were there, didn't seem to care. It may have been the high turnover rate or location of resort, but training and upper management was non existent.

Pros

Great teamwork, Marriott benefits, Social Outings

Cons

Unpaid 30 min lunch, Short training period, Management didnt appreciate you, and low pay for the Tahoe area

Best hotel I've worked for!

I worked for this company for about 7 years and is hands down the best tourism industry job I have had in my country to date. I would love to work here again in other locations.

Best job ever

I loved this place from day one, I excelled and was patted on the back in more ways than one, big apple star nominee two times , Marriott award of excellence nominee,

Pros

Cons

They left the building

I love the culture & the brand

A great place to work because we have a diverse culture. We have the best brand in the industry & the service that we are providing to our guests are exceptional.

Its simply fun and work.

I just love working with the Ritz Carlton,the value put on the employees by this company is on the next level.When employees feel valuable, they inreturn give their best in every approach with the guest and this is what the Ritz Carlton culture is all about.

Pros

Free lunch

Fun workpkace

A nice place to work because offer flexible employees' work needs.Providing generous paid time off, accommodating employees requests and needs and creating a supportive work environment.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Healthcare

Loyalty works one way, Covid destroyed industry

When I started at Marriott, I was 21 and eager to make something of myself. If anything, I can say the opportunity is there for that. In a few short years, I transferred to the legendary Ritz-Carlton, and became a manager a few years later. This is unfortunately where the good parts end. Although I would say I am paid rather well, there is 0 work life balance. I stay atleast 2-3 hours late everyday to finish extra work given to me by superiors who couldn't finish it. Training for new employees is lacking so they leave quickly after joining. Once you prove your worth in one position, they will try and stop you from moving on so they dont have to replace you. For such a wealthy company and property, they buy the cheapest stuff they can, and it breaks constantly. Poor tech shuts down all the time and we have no IT to fix it. The preach teamwork, but that means you provide them more hours of your time and they give you praise in childish parties and get togethers. I wouldnt let the name draw you in

Pros

Pay, food, benefits, discounts

Cons

Long hours, heavy work load, stressful work environment, lack of support

Amazing work place

I love the company overall great benefits they make sure you take all your breaks! It gets hard when its busy just like any other company! The pay its Incredible!

Pros

They pay the 30 minute lunch! They also have a cafeteria

Cons

Nothing!

Very formal work place, great compensation

My experience was great, I haved almost 11 years working there and I learn a lot. The work place was very nice and the coworkers were the greatest ones.

Pros

Free lunch, great pay

Cons

Rotative shifts, bad management

Stressful

Front office team members are respectful to everybody. Compared to other Departments who does not handle guest complaint does not enliven the credo. If you have good leaders you will succeed. If you do not then you will not.

Cons

Hours cut based on season, Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Ritz-Carlton. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4