U.S. Marine Corps logo
U.S. Marine Corps

U.S. Marine Corps Employee Reviews

Found 11 reviews matching the searchSee all 27,506 reviews

Good

I Enjoyed serving my country, it gave me a sense of purpose and fair pay. advancement was competitive but fair. My job provided a long list of learning experiences and memories i will cherish for years to come.

It was a very stressful but highly rewarding career.

It was a very stressful but highly rewarding career but the travel oppurtunities and people you get to meet and work with make it very rewarding. The possobility for advancement is also very high.

Great time as a Marine in the Middle East

Really hot but a great experience. There was a great chance to have a major impact on the lives of those who were not able to receive help from their government.

Great comradery even in stressful times

I recommend it to anyone. The Marines was a great growing tool and I learned so much from my time as a Marine. it has made me a better person overall.

Pros

great benefits, promotion

Cons

long hours, stressful days

Information Management Representative (IMR)

Being an IMR consists of attending meetings, making sure the share portal is up to date with the Marines information, coordinating cooperating, and communication and maintain, situational awareness of directorates and special staff sections information management requirements

Would do it all over again

Life Changing experience you will not be able to get any where else. Bottom line you come out better then when you go in. Career progression is something that is preached and needed to succeed and stay in. Benefits are great while you are in and after you get out.

Pros

Career Progression

Best time ever

Best time ever traveled the world and gained alot of experience. Met people from all over the world and enjoyed life. Also great benefits

Takes a Certain Type of Person

To join the military in the first place it takes a certain type of person. To become an Intelligence Specialist or Analyst it takes a patient person that can not only write well, but speaks well and you must have decent to great customer service skills as you will be dealing with individuals in all branches and echelons of the Military. Furthering yourself is sometimes dependent on the people around you to include those that are your peers or your higher leadership. The best part of being in the Intelligence field in the Marine Corps are the Marines, Contractors and other people you get to meet as well as the experiences you gain along the way.

Marine Corps Life

Deployed environment, multiple tasked on several occasions, constant movement of personnel and equipment. Occasional long days of requisitioning and logistical operations. Severely under-staffed but the mission was always completed.

Typical Job day at work

A typical work day usually consist of accounting for unclassified and classifed documents and keeping accountability for all personnel in Dubai, Qatar, Kuwait, Jordan, Bahrain, and Yemen. By utilizing my independent skills, I have become much more proficient in copmpleting any given task with little supervision. The work environment could be a bit tense due to having several mandatory conference throughout the day along with workload deadlines to be met. Not be organized is considered to be hardest part of the job. The job along is very rewarding, it teaches you more responsibilites, leadership traits, and speaking skills.

Pros

Teamwork

Cons

Limited time off

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at U.S. Marine Corps?

Productive and constantly busy job

A typical day at work consist of morning accountable for everyone throughout the Middle East assigned to our supporting units. I'm usually involved in an average of 4 meetings a day either listening to classifed information or briefing the commanding general on personnel numbers. There isn't a hard part of the job, but you have to be vigilant and aware of your surroundings. Their isn't an enjoyable due to the fact that more than 70 hours a week is spent at work.

Pros

Secure, everything is within walking distance

Cons

Long hours, work on days off often