U.S. Navy

U.S. Navy Employee Reviews

Bahrain80 reviews
Productive and rewarding work place.
Everything you want in a job, but with very affordable health and dental benefits. Free college, and you get to travel the world for free. The hardets thing is going on deployments to be away from family. But the Navy is getting better with shortening the times. When you get out the jobs skills transfer very easy to the civilian work class. The Navy is what you make of it. Try your best don't be lazy, get an education and promote!
Great experience
I loved my time in and learned alot of live long skills. Simple things like attention to detail and discipline within the ranks. Got to travel alot and enjoyed it!
Workplace culture
Had to work at different locations with people from different nations. And experiencing the inter-national military personnel that worked together to get to the same goals.
History
US Navy goes back over 200 years in business. Rich in culture and traditions. Great place to begin a career, learn amazing skills and earn great benefits.
Hard, but rewarding.
Serving was an honor. Travel was stressful, going around the world was an experience. For those that want to serve something greater, I would highly recommend it.
Navy is fun
Navy gave me the opportunity to travel and gave me security for my family. I joined the Navy out of high school and it has provided for me and allowed me to provide for my family.
Pros
good money
Cons
Away from family
Anytime i can start
I think U.S navy is good company that I can stay for more years...
Plus I can persue my knowledge and ability...

I can learn more than I have experience in my previous job
Great culture and travel
Helped support special forces in all administrative roles, travel and recreational functions. Learned more about the muslim culture and got a chance to travel the Middle East and experience different foods.
Pros
Great employees and culture
Cons
Security of personnel
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at U.S. Navy?
Best Job in the world
The Navy teaches you what you need to learn, both on the job and in life. If you need direction, it will give you that. If you need a family, it will give you that as well. If you need a reason to get an education so you can do something else, it'll be there for you then too.
Pros
Too many to list
Cons
Too many too list
challenging
The Navy gave me great opportunities to continue higher education, advancement in grade and see the world. I have learned to be an excellent leader for my civilian life after retirement.
Pros
paid housing, food, education
Cons
long deployments, away from friends and family too often
Great place to learn valuable work skills
On any given workday one can or will work up to 16 hrs+, and that may or may not be through out the whole week. Some bases have a community that is fun and inviting, while others may not have that. Advancement in some rates is good, but in other rates it is not the case. Some commands are work driven, and can be rewarding or stressful. Overall requirements to stay in are easy, just follow the rules and regulations and pass physical fitness test.
An honor to serve with this branch
A typical day at work is to eat breakfast with my shipmates. The workplace culture is fun and family oriented. Most of us treat each other with respect. The most enjoyable part of this job is surviving the tough times and exploring the world.
Great Experience
I left for Basic Training 5 days after I turned 18 and six years later, after recently leaving active duty I can say I have no regrets. I joined the Navy because I didn't know what I wanted to do after high school. I have lived in San Diego, Japan and Bahrain and have visited many other countries while travelling in the Navy. The best parts of the navy for me was working with people from all across the country from all walks of life, I have life long friends I wouldn't have met if I didn't join. I advanced very quickly and excelled at my job, I left the navy because I always saw it as a stepping stone to help achieve my goals.
Pros
Travel, Diverse Workforce, Good pay, Training
Cons
Unpredictable Schedule, Long Working Hours
My Time in the Navy
My time in the Navy was a roller coaster. It was filled with many great things, like great travel opportunities and healthcare, and also a few not so great things, like a questionable leadership I was under in Bahrain at the time. Overall, I enjoyed my time in the Navy as a whole.
Pros
Travel opportunities, healthcare and housing provided
Cons
Strenuous work schedule
Challenging Fast Paced Environment
Support the mission requirements. Short assignments. Must be ready to work when you check in. Learn your job quickly and be as productive as you can for the short time that you are assigned there.
Pros
Tax Free incentives
Cons
Short assignment
Love being in the Navy and living all over the world
Work as a military police officer in the Navy for 15 years. Protect and served. Worked with all kinds of people foreign and domestic, great customer service skills. Uphold the law and process all cases accordingly.
Challenging
I loved the Navy. I was fulfilling and challenging. I got to do a lot of travelling and see the world. I encountered all different people from all walks of life.
Go Navy
The US Navy is a great place to find out who you are and what you want out of life. And more importantly, what you dont want out of life. Service will show you who you are and what your capable of.
Pros
Benefits, advancement
Cons
work/life balance
Great job for those who love their country
A great place to learn a skill and get paid while doing it. Working fir the Navy makes you feel proud for what you are doing, however you are way underpaid for what you have to sacrifice.
Pros
Great place to start a carrer
Cons
Underpaid
Earned leadership skills
My time in the navy was challenging. I learned Law Enforcement and security skills. the workplace can change depending on staff and location. the hardest part of the job was adjusting to quick changes in the workplace. most enjoyable part was being able to travel around the country.
Great Job
Perfect job for anyone that wants to make a difference in the world. Great opportunity to see the world and meet people of all nationalities. Very diverse organization and that is what makes them so strong.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Navy. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3