U.S. Navy
U.S. Navy Employee Review

A place to learn discpline and order.

November 1, 2015
Twenty years in the Navy was a very hard task to accomplish. It was a great place to learn, grow, and mature. However, it was very hard on family and personal life. The military requires one to be dedicated and requires a lot of sacrifice. A typical work day was usually long and busy, filled with a lot of training and maintenance. Management was based on rank, their were some good and some bad but there were always lessons learned. The hardest part of the job was being away from loved ones. The most enjoyable part was seeing the world at a young age.
Pros
Career advancement opportunties
Cons
Separtion from family
December 22, 2019
Lead procurement (Former Employee) - Manama, Bahrain
US Navy goes back over 200 years in business. Rich in culture and traditions. Great place to begin a career, learn amazing skills and earn great benefits.
September 14, 2019
Operations Manager, Persian Gulf Region (Former Employee) - Manama, BH
Navy gave me the opportunity to travel and gave me security for my family. I joined the Navy out of high school and it has provided for me and allowed me to provide for my family.
Pros
good money
Cons
Away from family
January 8, 2019
Full Time Employee (Former Employee) - Manama, Bahrain
The Navy gave me great opportunities to continue higher education, advancement in grade and see the world. I have learned to be an excellent leader for my civilian life after retirement.
Pros
paid housing, food, education
Cons
long deployments, away from friends and family too often
  1. A place to learn discpline and order.