U.S. Navy logo
U.S. Navy

U.S. Navy

U.S. Navy Employee Review

Great job security

I have been a part of the United States Navy for 21 years, whether it be part of the active component or a Selective Reserve. I know of no better affiliation to be part of that compares to the benefits that the military has provided for me.

Pros

Benefits

Cons

Limted pysical company with family members

Same role

Sailor for Life

Joining the Navy was the best decision of my life. Traveling all over the world, living overseas and learning new cultures was the best experience. And the friendships that I developed in the Navy will last a lifetime.
Same location

Pleasure to serve

It’s challenging and rewarding experience and not for the faint of heart. You have to have a open mind and understand that the military is a rank based organization.

Pros

Camaraderie

Cons

Life work balance
Same location

Productive and rewarding work place.

Everything you want in a job, but with very affordable health and dental benefits. Free college, and you get to travel the world for free. The hardets thing is going on deployments to be away from family. But the Navy is getting better with shortening the times. When you get out the jobs skills transfer very easy to the civilian work class. The Navy is what you make of it. Try your best don't be lazy, get an education and promote!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Navy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3