U.S. Navy
U.S. Navy Employee Review

Great place to learn valuable work skills

December 18, 2018
On any given workday one can or will work up to 16 hrs+, and that may or may not be through out the whole week. Some bases have a community that is fun and inviting, while others may not have that. Advancement in some rates is good, but in other rates it is not the case. Some commands are work driven, and can be rewarding or stressful. Overall requirements to stay in are easy, just follow the rules and regulations and pass physical fitness test.
December 11, 2018
Same role
2nd Class Petty Officer, Culinary Specialist (Former Employee) - Bahrain
A typical day at work is to eat breakfast with my shipmates. The workplace culture is fun and family oriented. Most of us treat each other with respect. The most enjoyable part of this job is surviving the tough times and exploring the world.
October 11, 2018
Same role
Petty Officer First Class (E-6) (Former Employee) - Bahrain
I left for Basic Training 5 days after I turned 18 and six years later, after recently leaving active duty I can say I have no regrets. I joined the Navy because I didn't know what I wanted to do after high school. I have lived in San Diego, Japan and Bahrain and have visited many other countries while travelling in the Navy. The best parts of the navy for me was working with people from all across the country from all walks of life, I have life long friends I wouldn't have met if I didn't join. I advanced very quickly and excelled at my job, I left the navy because I always saw it as a stepping stone to help achieve my goals.
Pros
Travel, Diverse Workforce, Good pay, Training
Cons
Unpredictable Schedule, Long Working Hours
December 22, 2019
Same location
Lead procurement (Former Employee) - Manama, Bahrain
US Navy goes back over 200 years in business. Rich in culture and traditions. Great place to begin a career, learn amazing skills and earn great benefits.
  1. Great place to learn valuable work skills