U.S. Navy
U.S. Navy Employee Review

My Time in the Navy

October 5, 2018
My time in the Navy was a roller coaster. It was filled with many great things, like great travel opportunities and healthcare, and also a few not so great things, like a questionable leadership I was under in Bahrain at the time. Overall, I enjoyed my time in the Navy as a whole.
Pros
Travel opportunities, healthcare and housing provided
Cons
Strenuous work schedule
December 13, 2014
Same role
Security Director Naval Security Forces (Former Employee) - Bahrain Manama
I’ve served my country, honorable discharge. I’ve done my time. I gave it all and I'm proud of it. I love the discipline and work ethic of the military. Specially military police.
April 4, 2021
Same location
Quartermaster (Former Employee) - Bahrain
It’s challenging and rewarding experience and not for the faint of heart. You have to have a open mind and understand that the military is a rank based organization.
Pros
Camaraderie
Cons
Life work balance
March 30, 2020
Same location
Security Specialist (Former Employee) - NAS Bahrain
Everything you want in a job, but with very affordable health and dental benefits. Free college, and you get to travel the world for free. The hardets thing is going on deployments to be away from family. But the Navy is getting better with shortening the times. When you get out the jobs skills transfer very easy to the civilian work class. The Navy is what you make of it. Try your best don't be lazy, get an education and promote!