U.S. Navy logo
U.S. Navy

U.S. Navy

U.S. Navy Employee Review

Very productive, fun environment to work for. When you are there you are family to them

very busy day everyday at work. You get to learn lot of different things on a daily basis because you deal with different personnel each day. Get to learn lot of different management skills because the management personnel constantly replaced (moving). you are a family to them when you are there. get to learn lot of different culture from each other. Your accomplishments are always awarded. Hardest part of the job is when your superiors leave for next assignment and having to relearn new management style. most enjoyable part is being happy to be there everyday. getting to know people, work, challenges. Makes you be thankful for what you have and not take things for granted.

Pros

Enjoable, fun, learn different managemnt style

Cons

having to say goodbye to superiors

History

US Navy goes back over 200 years in business. Rich in culture and traditions. Great place to begin a career, learn amazing skills and earn great benefits.

Navy is fun

Navy gave me the opportunity to travel and gave me security for my family. I joined the Navy out of high school and it has provided for me and allowed me to provide for my family.

Pros

good money

Cons

Away from family

challenging

The Navy gave me great opportunities to continue higher education, advancement in grade and see the world. I have learned to be an excellent leader for my civilian life after retirement.

Pros

paid housing, food, education

Cons

long deployments, away from friends and family too often

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Navy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3