U.S. Navy

U.S. Navy Employee Reviews in Manama

Navy gave me the opportunity to travel and gave me security for my family. I joined the Navy out of high school and it has provided for me and allowed me to provide for my family.
Pros
good money
Cons
Away from family
US Navy goes back over 200 years in business. Rich in culture and traditions. Great place to begin a career, learn amazing skills and earn great benefits.
The Navy gave me great opportunities to continue higher education, advancement in grade and see the world. I have learned to be an excellent leader for my civilian life after retirement.
Pros
paid housing, food, education
Cons
long deployments, away from friends and family too often
On any given workday one can or will work up to 16 hrs+, and that may or may not be through out the whole week. Some bases have a community that is fun and inviting, while others may not have that. Advancement in some rates is good, but in other rates it is not the case. Some commands are work driven, and can be rewarding or stressful. Overall requirements to stay in are easy, just follow the rules and regulations and pass physical fitness test.
Support the mission requirements. Short assignments. Must be ready to work when you check in. Learn your job quickly and be as productive as you can for the short time that you are assigned there.
Pros
Tax Free incentives
Cons
Short assignment
I loved the Navy. I was fulfilling and challenging. I got to do a lot of travelling and see the world. I encountered all different people from all walks of life.
The US Navy is a great place to find out who you are and what you want out of life. And more importantly, what you dont want out of life. Service will show you who you are and what your capable of.
Pros
Benefits, advancement
Cons
work/life balance
My time in the navy was challenging. I learned Law Enforcement and security skills. the workplace can change depending on staff and location. the hardest part of the job was adjusting to quick changes in the workplace. most enjoyable part was being able to travel around the country.
The summary that I can give of this job is that it was awesome, great work, and a blast in hindsight. The job I worked with it was easy at times and difficult at others. It has been said before, and I will say it here It will be the "best job that you will ever hate."
If you have ever wanted to see the world and have the security of employment the Navy can be a great opportunity. But before you decide to sign up for this adventure pick a job you will love and do everything you can to be the best at it! We are the defenders of our freedom and it takes a special kind of person to be willing to give their life for their country.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at U.S. Navy?
Literally what you make of it. Stand Post for 12+ hours. Training time on your off time. Time management becomes a larger factor just to live your own life.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Low pay
Outstanding work place. Learned a lot of new skills that challenged me. A typical day would be face with adversity since at any given time their could be changes in the daily schedule. I learn to face to adapt and overcome changes. Management was very helpful up and down the ladder, as well as allowing us to grow in the work space. Workplace culture was great everyone contributed and provided a team effort. Hardest part was unexpected changes or joint exercises with foreign personnel where communication could be a barrier. Most enjoyable was growing, facing new challenges and given the opportunity to be the subject matter expert.
Pros
New Training and experience
Cons
N/a
Becoming One of the Elite few with the potential and ability to change both yourself and the world in an excellent environment. Seeing the world and meeting new individuals are a great way to understand it.
Pros
Surronded by diffrent peopl and enviroments
Cons
work-hours
Joining the Navy was the best decision of my life. Traveling all over the world, living overseas and learning new cultures was the best experience. And the friendships that I developed in the Navy will last a lifetime.
A typical day in the Navy is dealing with change and being flexible. Your job is not the only task you will face during a workday. Therefore, one has to be ready for anything.
Twenty years in the Navy was a very hard task to accomplish. It was a great place to learn, grow, and mature. However, it was very hard on family and personal life. The military requires one to be dedicated and requires a lot of sacrifice. A typical work day was usually long and busy, filled with a lot of training and maintenance. Management was based on rank, their were some good and some bad but there were always lessons learned. The hardest part of the job was being away from loved ones. The most enjoyable part was seeing the world at a young age.
Pros
Career advancement opportunties
Cons
Separtion from family
Bahrain is a difficult place to live with a family during the Arab Spring uprising. Unrest in the area continues to make it difficult. Most people do not select NAVCENT as a first choice so many are trying to improve their evaluations or are waiting to get out of the military.
I’ve served my country, honorable discharge. I’ve done my time. I gave it all and I'm proud of it. I love the discipline and work ethic of the military. Specially military police.
My duties as the Staff Communications Officer for Commander Task Force Five Seven usually start at 0700 until 1630. I am stationed 9 hours ahead of the US Eastern Coast so first part of my morning is spent answering previous day traffic and requests. The rest of the day is spent overseeing day to day operations of the commands communication requirements throughout the Middle East area of responsibility.
very busy day everyday at work. You get to learn lot of different things on a daily basis because you deal with different personnel each day. Get to learn lot of different management skills because the management personnel constantly replaced (moving). you are a family to them when you are there. get to learn lot of different culture from each other. Your accomplishments are always awarded. Hardest part of the job is when your superiors leave for next assignment and having to relearn new management style. most enjoyable part is being happy to be there everyday. getting to know people, work, challenges. Makes you be thankful for what you have and not take things for granted.
Pros
Enjoable, fun, learn different managemnt style
Cons
having to say goodbye to superiors
A job that have ups and down. A lot of sacrifices but in the end, a USNavy career will definitely prepare you in the civilian sector industry.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
lots of sacrifices away from family