U.S. Navy

U.S. Navy Employee Reviews for Petty Officer

A typical day at work is to eat breakfast with my shipmates. The workplace culture is fun and family oriented. Most of us treat each other with respect. The most enjoyable part of this job is surviving the tough times and exploring the world.
On any given workday one can or will work up to 16 hrs+, and that may or may not be through out the whole week. Some bases have a community that is fun and inviting, while others may not have that. Advancement in some rates is good, but in other rates it is not the case. Some commands are work driven, and can be rewarding or stressful. Overall requirements to stay in are easy, just follow the rules and regulations and pass physical fitness test.
I left for Basic Training 5 days after I turned 18 and six years later, after recently leaving active duty I can say I have no regrets. I joined the Navy because I didn't know what I wanted to do after high school. I have lived in San Diego, Japan and Bahrain and have visited many other countries while travelling in the Navy. The best parts of the navy for me was working with people from all across the country from all walks of life, I have life long friends I wouldn't have met if I didn't join. I advanced very quickly and excelled at my job, I left the navy because I always saw it as a stepping stone to help achieve my goals.
Pros
Travel, Diverse Workforce, Good pay, Training
Cons
Unpredictable Schedule, Long Working Hours
The pay, travel, adancement, and benifits make the US Navy a great place to work. The myraid of skills that can be obtained is endless. Deployments can be difficult but are often as rewarding as they are challenging. The people are what truly make this a great job. The people I have met will make leaving the Navy very hard to do.
Pros
Pay, Travel, Benifits, Advancement
Cons
Deployments can be difficult.
Service to Country.Learned to constantly be on top of my A game.Managed multi-million dollar Fuels account for Billion dollar Warship.Met amazing fellow Servicemembers that I will cherish for the rest of my life.Hardest part of the job was the unpredictible nature of never knowing where or when we would be deployed.The best part of the job was doing what needed to be done.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a