U.S. Navy

U.S. Navy Culture reviews

A typical day at work is to eat breakfast with my shipmates. The workplace culture is fun and family oriented. Most of us treat each other with respect. The most enjoyable part of this job is surviving the tough times and exploring the world.
US Navy goes back over 200 years in business. Rich in culture and traditions. Great place to begin a career, learn amazing skills and earn great benefits.
Outstanding work place. Learned a lot of new skills that challenged me. A typical day would be face with adversity since at any given time their could be changes in the daily schedule. I learn to face to adapt and overcome changes. Management was very helpful up and down the ladder, as well as allowing us to grow in the work space. Workplace culture was great everyone contributed and provided a team effort. Hardest part was unexpected changes or joint exercises with foreign personnel where communication could be a barrier. Most enjoyable was growing, facing new challenges and given the opportunity to be the subject matter expert.
Pros
New Training and experience
Cons
N/a
The culture is a lot of civilian life. But if you don't like working at random times, this isn't a good fit you. Be prepared for random and sometimes spontaneous events to happen and ruin your weekend plans.
Joining the Navy was the best decision of my life. Traveling all over the world, living overseas and learning new cultures was the best experience. And the friendships that I developed in the Navy will last a lifetime.
It is a very professional work environment, but politics play a big role in dictating what individuals are capable of doing.
A typical day in the Navy is dealing with change and being flexible. Your job is not the only task you will face during a workday. Therefore, one has to be ready for anything.
very busy day everyday at work. You get to learn lot of different things on a daily basis because you deal with different personnel each day. Get to learn lot of different management skills because the management personnel constantly replaced (moving). you are a family to them when you are there. get to learn lot of different culture from each other. Your accomplishments are always awarded. Hardest part of the job is when your superiors leave for next assignment and having to relearn new management style. most enjoyable part is being happy to be there everyday. getting to know people, work, challenges. Makes you be thankful for what you have and not take things for granted.
Pros
Enjoable, fun, learn different managemnt style
Cons
having to say goodbye to superiors
Very Productive, learned alot about cargo transporatation managemnt, great relationship with co workers, daily reports and email responses was the hardest part of the job because numbers calculations for reports and unexpected email request to answer. The job fun time activities made it great to work for them when we put things together.
Pros
special discounts at company store
Cons
tax free pay
The best kept secret in the Navy. I tracked Navy material and personnel including some high political personnel as the traveled thru the middle east. Satisfaction that with out my office the mission at hand could not have been accomplished.
Pros
I real eye opener to a diverse and wonderful culture. Wonderfull living conditions.
Cons
Was not aloud to bring my family would have been perfect other wise.
Work was long, and hard but while stationed in Bahrain, I learned a lot about the culture