U.S. Navy

U.S. Navy Management reviews

During a normal day at work I start by organizing the task for the day and planning out what steps need to be taken to complete the task at hand. Explosive handling, fleet sentencing of ammunition, weapons instructing, and armory management are just a few things that I have learned in detail and procedures with proficiency. I currently manage two full armories with 600+ weapons and optics as well as a current stock of 50,000 rounds of various ammunition. My workplace is a tight knit group that always pushes perfection and quality. The hardest part of my job would be wearing several different hats as a first term sailor which I am working on by organization and delegation. I enjoy my job because it challenges my mind and will to overcome problems.
Pros
extreme amount of experience
Literally what you make of it. Stand Post for 12+ hours. Training time on your off time. Time management becomes a larger factor just to live your own life.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Low pay
Its not for everyone. The feeling of serving your country is great. But the management at my previous command treated their sailors poorly and worked too many hours.
Outstanding work place. Learned a lot of new skills that challenged me. A typical day would be face with adversity since at any given time their could be changes in the daily schedule. I learn to face to adapt and overcome changes. Management was very helpful up and down the ladder, as well as allowing us to grow in the work space. Workplace culture was great everyone contributed and provided a team effort. Hardest part was unexpected changes or joint exercises with foreign personnel where communication could be a barrier. Most enjoyable was growing, facing new challenges and given the opportunity to be the subject matter expert.
Pros
New Training and experience
Cons
N/a
I am working with centerra more then 4 years It is very good company for worker and provide wonderful environment, its really good to work with centerra (formally known as G4S GS). No real complaints strictly go by the book ! Follow proper procedures... management from corporate stayed involved in fixing work site issues.
I've learned to become a lot more independent and I have acquired a lot of office and technical skills. The management was good and my co-workers are awesome.
Management sucks navy wide, you just have to advance to feel better lol. choose the right rate to advance quick and do not end up in a financial bind
Twenty years in the Navy was a very hard task to accomplish. It was a great place to learn, grow, and mature. However, it was very hard on family and personal life. The military requires one to be dedicated and requires a lot of sacrifice. A typical work day was usually long and busy, filled with a lot of training and maintenance. Management was based on rank, their were some good and some bad but there were always lessons learned. The hardest part of the job was being away from loved ones. The most enjoyable part was seeing the world at a young age.
Pros
Career advancement opportunties
Cons
Separtion from family
very busy day everyday at work. You get to learn lot of different things on a daily basis because you deal with different personnel each day. Get to learn lot of different management skills because the management personnel constantly replaced (moving). you are a family to them when you are there. get to learn lot of different culture from each other. Your accomplishments are always awarded. Hardest part of the job is when your superiors leave for next assignment and having to relearn new management style. most enjoyable part is being happy to be there everyday. getting to know people, work, challenges. Makes you be thankful for what you have and not take things for granted.
Pros
Enjoable, fun, learn different managemnt style
Cons
having to say goodbye to superiors
The job was always fun and you get to learn alot. You can rely on your upper chain of command to assist you. Best job I ever had!
A typical day at work would be to muster at 0430 to prepare for my shift that starts at 0600 to 1900. I Arrive in a neatly pressed uniform, conduct a boat inspection to ensure the safety of myself and my crew. I'll arm up with small arms such as a 9mm pistol and a M240 machine gun. I would then stand-by for further orders from my supervisor. The management fluctuates but most of the time the management trust myself and my crew to manage ourselves. My co-workers are very diverse with their backgrounds but everyone seems to come together and work well as a team to get the mission accomplished safely and in a timely manner. The hardest part of the job is the weather conditions, being in the Middle East I work in 105-140 degree weather on a daily basis which can be exhausting at times. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning to drive boats and just being a part of the U.S Navy.
benefits
Cons
long working hours