U.S. Navy

U.S. Navy Pay & Benefits reviews

Everything you want in a job, but with very affordable health and dental benefits. Free college, and you get to travel the world for free. The hardets thing is going on deployments to be away from family. But the Navy is getting better with shortening the times. When you get out the jobs skills transfer very easy to the civilian work class. The Navy is what you make of it. Try your best don't be lazy, get an education and promote!
US Navy goes back over 200 years in business. Rich in culture and traditions. Great place to begin a career, learn amazing skills and earn great benefits.
On any given workday one can or will work up to 16 hrs+, and that may or may not be through out the whole week. Some bases have a community that is fun and inviting, while others may not have that. Advancement in some rates is good, but in other rates it is not the case. Some commands are work driven, and can be rewarding or stressful. Overall requirements to stay in are easy, just follow the rules and regulations and pass physical fitness test.
Support the mission requirements. Short assignments. Must be ready to work when you check in. Learn your job quickly and be as productive as you can for the short time that you are assigned there.
Pros
Tax Free incentives
Cons
Short assignment
The US Navy is a great place to find out who you are and what you want out of life. And more importantly, what you dont want out of life. Service will show you who you are and what your capable of.
Pros
Benefits, advancement
Cons
work/life balance
The military requires a lot of moving around, but the benefits have made it worth it. It's a lifestyle choice that you have to be willing to make, and it does come with sacrifice, but the honor of serving your country makes it worthwhile.
This job helped me to explore different parts of Bahrain as I was part of the transportation team were we had to receive the Captain's from their respected ships and take them to the most beautiful places around country.
Pros
Free vehicles, Fuel allowance, Free lunch
Cons
24 hours work
Literally what you make of it. Stand Post for 12+ hours. Training time on your off time. Time management becomes a larger factor just to live your own life.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Low pay
Expect to work 80-100 hours a week in any type of weather condition. You will have very close friends, but most will be gone and onto another duty station within 2-3 years.
I have been a part of the United States Navy for 21 years, whether it be part of the active component or a Selective Reserve. I know of no better affiliation to be part of that compares to the benefits that the military has provided for me.
Benefits
Cons
Limted pysical company with family members
A job that have ups and down. A lot of sacrifices but in the end, a USNavy career will definitely prepare you in the civilian sector industry.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
lots of sacrifices away from family
Everyday is different Work anywhere in the world Sometimes Long hours but always worth it
The pay, travel, adancement, and benifits make the US Navy a great place to work. The myraid of skills that can be obtained is endless. Deployments can be difficult but are often as rewarding as they are challenging. The people are what truly make this a great job. The people I have met will make leaving the Navy very hard to do.
Pros
Pay, Travel, Benifits, Advancement
Cons
Deployments can be difficult.
The navy is a really good place to start if your 18 and dont have any goals in life. Thats why I joined. I've traveled the world for free and experienced a lot of things on my journey. Like any job you meet some great people and you also meet some people that you'd rather not associate yourself with. Money is good benefits are amazing and you get the chance to travel the world on the governments expenses. Ive learned a lot that I never thought I would growing up. There were some hard times and some times where my co-workers and I were able to just relax and enjoy everything around us. I'd have to say the hardest part of the job is being away from your family for months at a time sometimes even years. Me being stationed overseas my whole 4 years in the navy I havent had much of a chance to see my family. But its all worth it in the end!
I loved that I know I had a steady paycheck and benefits, but I didn't like that my whole life revolved around the Navy. I'd say 50% of the time when I was trying to sleep I would get a call saying I had to go to the office for something, and I worked 12 hour days 5 days a week, so I was always exhausted. Supervisors are good and bad, just like anywhere, I think I got lucky with mine, they were great.
A typical day at work would be to muster at 0430 to prepare for my shift that starts at 0600 to 1900. I Arrive in a neatly pressed uniform, conduct a boat inspection to ensure the safety of myself and my crew. I'll arm up with small arms such as a 9mm pistol and a M240 machine gun. I would then stand-by for further orders from my supervisor. The management fluctuates but most of the time the management trust myself and my crew to manage ourselves. My co-workers are very diverse with their backgrounds but everyone seems to come together and work well as a team to get the mission accomplished safely and in a timely manner. The hardest part of the job is the weather conditions, being in the Middle East I work in 105-140 degree weather on a daily basis which can be exhausting at times. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning to drive boats and just being a part of the U.S Navy.
benefits
Cons
long working hours