U.S. Navy logo

4.4
Pay & Benefits

Found 26 reviews matching the searchSee all 33,462 reviews

Pleasure to serve

It’s challenging and rewarding experience and not for the faint of heart. You have to have a open mind and understand that the military is a rank based organization.

Pros

Camaraderie

Cons

Life work balance

Best Job in the world

The Navy teaches you what you need to learn, both on the job and in life. If you need direction, it will give you that. If you need a family, it will give you that as well. If you need a reason to get an education so you can do something else, it'll be there for you then too.

Pros

Too many to list

Cons

Too many too list

challenging

The Navy gave me great opportunities to continue higher education, advancement in grade and see the world. I have learned to be an excellent leader for my civilian life after retirement.

Pros

paid housing, food, education

Cons

long deployments, away from friends and family too often

An honor to serve with this branch

A typical day at work is to eat breakfast with my shipmates. The workplace culture is fun and family oriented. Most of us treat each other with respect. The most enjoyable part of this job is surviving the tough times and exploring the world.

My Time in the Navy

My time in the Navy was a roller coaster. It was filled with many great things, like great travel opportunities and healthcare, and also a few not so great things, like a questionable leadership I was under in Bahrain at the time. Overall, I enjoyed my time in the Navy as a whole.

Pros

Travel opportunities, healthcare and housing provided

Cons

Strenuous work schedule

Challenging

I loved the Navy. I was fulfilling and challenging. I got to do a lot of travelling and see the world. I encountered all different people from all walks of life.

Go Navy

The US Navy is a great place to find out who you are and what you want out of life. And more importantly, what you dont want out of life. Service will show you who you are and what your capable of.

Pros

Benefits, advancement

Cons

work/life balance

Great Job

Perfect job for anyone that wants to make a difference in the world. Great opportunity to see the world and meet people of all nationalities. Very diverse organization and that is what makes them so strong.

Best job that I ever hated

The summary that I can give of this job is that it was awesome, great work, and a blast in hindsight. The job I worked with it was easy at times and difficult at others. It has been said before, and I will say it here It will be the "best job that you will ever hate."

Good Benefits

The military requires a lot of moving around, but the benefits have made it worth it. It's a lifestyle choice that you have to be willing to make, and it does come with sacrifice, but the honor of serving your country makes it worthwhile.

Excellent Career

If you have ever wanted to see the world and have the security of employment the Navy can be a great opportunity. But before you decide to sign up for this adventure pick a job you will love and do everything you can to be the best at it! We are the defenders of our freedom and it takes a special kind of person to be willing to give their life for their country.

adventurous

Navy is a great career. Highly recommended everyone supports one another in the us Navy hardest part is leaving families and friends traveling and seeing the world

Pros

Free food, travel, new friends

Cons

leave home, miss family

stressful

Expect to work 80-100 hours a week in any type of weather condition. You will have very close friends, but most will be gone and onto another duty station within 2-3 years.

Good enviroment if you don't mind working.

The culture is a lot of civilian life. But if you don't like working at random times, this isn't a good fit you. Be prepared for random and sometimes spontaneous events to happen and ruin your weekend plans.

Was fun

It is the military. Not much to say other than keep you head down and do what you are told and you will be alright. There is a lot of fun to be had just have to find it.

Pros

Money

Cons

Money

Alot of Oppurtunity

Becoming One of the Elite few with the potential and ability to change both yourself and the world in an excellent environment. Seeing the world and meeting new individuals are a great way to understand it.

Pros

Surronded by diffrent peopl and enviroments

Cons

work-hours

navy

It is a very professional work environment, but politics play a big role in dictating what individuals are capable of doing.

its what you make it

Management sucks navy wide, you just have to advance to feel better lol. choose the right rate to advance quick and do not end up in a financial bind

military

A typical day in the Navy is dealing with change and being flexible. Your job is not the only task you will face during a workday. Therefore, one has to be ready for anything.

Air exercise planner at NAVCENT

Bahrain is a difficult place to live with a family during the Arab Spring uprising. Unrest in the area continues to make it difficult. Most people do not select NAVCENT as a first choice so many are trying to improve their evaluations or are waiting to get out of the military.

Staff Communications Officer

My duties as the Staff Communications Officer for Commander Task Force Five Seven usually start at 0700 until 1630. I am stationed 9 hours ahead of the US Eastern Coast so first part of my morning is spent answering previous day traffic and requests. The rest of the day is spent overseeing day to day operations of the commands communication requirements throughout the Middle East area of responsibility.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Navy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3