U.S. Navy

U.S. Navy Employee Reviews

It’s challenging and rewarding experience and not for the faint of heart. You have to have a open mind and understand that the military is a rank based organization.
Pros
Camaraderie
Cons
Life work balance
Learned how to manage people in a professional and organized manner. The workplace was super fast paced and highly stressful.Also being a leader was a focal point
Pros
knowledge
Cons
The weather
The military requires a lot of moving around, but the benefits have made it worth it. It's a lifestyle choice that you have to be willing to make, and it does come with sacrifice, but the honor of serving your country makes it worthwhile.
During a normal day at work I start by organizing the task for the day and planning out what steps need to be taken to complete the task at hand. Explosive handling, fleet sentencing of ammunition, weapons instructing, and armory management are just a few things that I have learned in detail and procedures with proficiency. I currently manage two full armories with 600+ weapons and optics as well as a current stock of 50,000 rounds of various ammunition. My workplace is a tight knit group that always pushes perfection and quality. The hardest part of my job would be wearing several different hats as a first term sailor which I am working on by organization and delegation. I enjoy my job because it challenges my mind and will to overcome problems.
Pros
extreme amount of experience
If you have ever wanted to see the world and have the security of employment the Navy can be a great opportunity. But before you decide to sign up for this adventure pick a job you will love and do everything you can to be the best at it! We are the defenders of our freedom and it takes a special kind of person to be willing to give their life for their country.
This job helped me to explore different parts of Bahrain as I was part of the transportation team were we had to receive the Captain's from their respected ships and take them to the most beautiful places around country.
Pros
Free vehicles, Fuel allowance, Free lunch
Cons
24 hours work
Literally what you make of it. Stand Post for 12+ hours. Training time on your off time. Time management becomes a larger factor just to live your own life.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Low pay
Its not for everyone. The feeling of serving your country is great. But the management at my previous command treated their sailors poorly and worked too many hours.
Navy is a great career. Highly recommended everyone supports one another in the us Navy hardest part is leaving families and friends traveling and seeing the world
Pros
Free food, travel, new friends
Cons
leave home, miss family
Works as site Secretary for which provide more knowledge as we dealt with US based Client. Since, project is due to completed, company decided to assigned me to purchase department for the new environment and knowledge.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at U.S. Navy?
Maintained the security of the base located in the country of Bahrain. Insured the safety of the local nationals and American military and family members working or stationed at NSA Bahrain.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Long hot days
Outstanding work place. Learned a lot of new skills that challenged me. A typical day would be face with adversity since at any given time their could be changes in the daily schedule. I learn to face to adapt and overcome changes. Management was very helpful up and down the ladder, as well as allowing us to grow in the work space. Workplace culture was great everyone contributed and provided a team effort. Hardest part was unexpected changes or joint exercises with foreign personnel where communication could be a barrier. Most enjoyable was growing, facing new challenges and given the opportunity to be the subject matter expert.
Pros
New Training and experience
Cons
N/a
USS (AFSBI-15) Ponce is a US ship converted into a work force of civilian and Navy crew. This provides obstacles that are regularly met with a can-do attitude by high rotational crew.
Pros
experience
Cons
short rotations
There's nothing typical about the navy every day you come in you will be doing something different. Travel is constant you never know where you will end up. That in a nutshell is the Navy.
Pros
See the world.
Cons
high stress
Expect to work 80-100 hours a week in any type of weather condition. You will have very close friends, but most will be gone and onto another duty station within 2-3 years.
I am working with centerra more then 4 years It is very good company for worker and provide wonderful environment, its really good to work with centerra (formally known as G4S GS). No real complaints strictly go by the book ! Follow proper procedures... management from corporate stayed involved in fixing work site issues.
Great 20 years spent. I got to meet some good people and see some great places. I did a lot of different things with Information Technology and saw a lot of different places.
The culture is a lot of civilian life. But if you don't like working at random times, this isn't a good fit you. Be prepared for random and sometimes spontaneous events to happen and ruin your weekend plans.
It is the military. Not much to say other than keep you head down and do what you are told and you will be alright. There is a lot of fun to be had just have to find it.
Pros
Money
Cons
Money
Becoming One of the Elite few with the potential and ability to change both yourself and the world in an excellent environment. Seeing the world and meeting new individuals are a great way to understand it.
Pros
Surronded by diffrent peopl and enviroments
Cons
work-hours
Joining the Navy was the best decision of my life. Traveling all over the world, living overseas and learning new cultures was the best experience. And the friendships that I developed in the Navy will last a lifetime.
  1. Employee Reviews