U.S. Navy

U.S. Navy Employee Reviews

It’s challenging and rewarding experience and not for the faint of heart. You have to have a open mind and understand that the military is a rank based organization.
Pros
Camaraderie
Cons
Life work balance
It is a very professional work environment, but politics play a big role in dictating what individuals are capable of doing.
I've learned to become a lot more independent and I have acquired a lot of office and technical skills. The management was good and my co-workers are awesome.
A challenging and productive work environment. An experience you will never have anywhere else. The bonds you form will ultimately help you through the long work weeks and deployments.
Management sucks navy wide, you just have to advance to feel better lol. choose the right rate to advance quick and do not end up in a financial bind
A typical day in the Navy is dealing with change and being flexible. Your job is not the only task you will face during a workday. Therefore, one has to be ready for anything.
Twenty years in the Navy was a very hard task to accomplish. It was a great place to learn, grow, and mature. However, it was very hard on family and personal life. The military requires one to be dedicated and requires a lot of sacrifice. A typical work day was usually long and busy, filled with a lot of training and maintenance. Management was based on rank, their were some good and some bad but there were always lessons learned. The hardest part of the job was being away from loved ones. The most enjoyable part was seeing the world at a young age.
Pros
Career advancement opportunties
Cons
Separtion from family
Taught multiple courses for Central Texas College overseas. Was a great experience. Enjoyed educating my peers and had fun doing it. The money overseas was a bonus because it was Tax Free.
Pros
Rewarding job
Cons
Limited resources
I have been a part of the United States Navy for 21 years, whether it be part of the active component or a Selective Reserve. I know of no better affiliation to be part of that compares to the benefits that the military has provided for me.
Benefits
Cons
Limted pysical company with family members
Bahrain is a difficult place to live with a family during the Arab Spring uprising. Unrest in the area continues to make it difficult. Most people do not select NAVCENT as a first choice so many are trying to improve their evaluations or are waiting to get out of the military.
Being productive protecting UAE territory with suppying to all Naval ships, submarines, land and air vessels
I’ve served my country, honorable discharge. I’ve done my time. I gave it all and I'm proud of it. I love the discipline and work ethic of the military. Specially military police.
My duties as the Staff Communications Officer for Commander Task Force Five Seven usually start at 0700 until 1630. I am stationed 9 hours ahead of the US Eastern Coast so first part of my morning is spent answering previous day traffic and requests. The rest of the day is spent overseeing day to day operations of the commands communication requirements throughout the Middle East area of responsibility.
very busy day everyday at work. You get to learn lot of different things on a daily basis because you deal with different personnel each day. Get to learn lot of different management skills because the management personnel constantly replaced (moving). you are a family to them when you are there. get to learn lot of different culture from each other. Your accomplishments are always awarded. Hardest part of the job is when your superiors leave for next assignment and having to relearn new management style. most enjoyable part is being happy to be there everyday. getting to know people, work, challenges. Makes you be thankful for what you have and not take things for granted.
Pros
Enjoable, fun, learn different managemnt style
Cons
having to say goodbye to superiors
Great overseas tour for anyone like to travel and stay in a foreign country. Meeting new people and try different kind of cuisine that a country to offfer.
A job that have ups and down. A lot of sacrifices but in the end, a USNavy career will definitely prepare you in the civilian sector industry.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
lots of sacrifices away from family
Like any other Navy job you need to be flexible, train your people to fill your shoes and understand that there is no 40 hour week in the military.
Pros
The family atmosphere
Cons
Being away from family, and deployments at a drop of a hat.
Everyday is different Work anywhere in the world Sometimes Long hours but always worth it
I spent about 2 years in school training for multiple specialties in the field of Electronics. Was very good at my job and advanced as expected in the service.
Pros
Locations
Cons
Very Productive, learned alot about cargo transporatation managemnt, great relationship with co workers, daily reports and email responses was the hardest part of the job because numbers calculations for reports and unexpected email request to answer. The job fun time activities made it great to work for them when we put things together.
Pros
special discounts at company store
Cons
tax free pay
The best kept secret in the Navy. I tracked Navy material and personnel including some high political personnel as the traveled thru the middle east. Satisfaction that with out my office the mission at hand could not have been accomplished.
Pros
I real eye opener to a diverse and wonderful culture. Wonderfull living conditions.
Cons
Was not aloud to bring my family would have been perfect other wise.
  1. Employee Reviews