U.S. Navy

U.S. Navy Employee Reviews

It鈥檚 challenging and rewarding experience and not for the faint of heart. You have to have a open mind and understand that the military is a rank based organization.
Pros
Camaraderie
Cons
Life work balance
The job was always fun and you get to learn alot. You can rely on your upper chain of command to assist you. Best job I ever had!
Great overseas tour. Professional co-workers. Long days and weekends often required.
The pay, travel, adancement, and benifits make the US Navy a great place to work. The myraid of skills that can be obtained is endless. Deployments can be difficult but are often as rewarding as they are challenging. The people are what truly make this a great job. The people I have met will make leaving the Navy very hard to do.
Pros
Pay, Travel, Benifits, Advancement
Cons
Deployments can be difficult.
Work was long, and hard but while stationed in Bahrain, I learned a lot about the culture
The navy is a really good place to start if your 18 and dont have any goals in life. Thats why I joined. I've traveled the world for free and experienced a lot of things on my journey. Like any job you meet some great people and you also meet some people that you'd rather not associate yourself with. Money is good benefits are amazing and you get the chance to travel the world on the governments expenses. Ive learned a lot that I never thought I would growing up. There were some hard times and some times where my co-workers and I were able to just relax and enjoy everything around us. I'd have to say the hardest part of the job is being away from your family for months at a time sometimes even years. Me being stationed overseas my whole 4 years in the navy I havent had much of a chance to see my family. But its all worth it in the end!
It was an amazing experience.路 Provided Security for all the areas of NSA Bahrain路 Was given a 24 hour liberty for my excellent watch standing路 Would escort vehicles on and off base路 Roved the base to show a vigilant presence路 Carried an M4 and a M9路 Had a security clearance which gave my access to top security files路 Constantly trained on how to handle difficult situations路 Stood posts which I was then required to protect the ships and the people of the base路 Conducted high traffic which was to stand your post while constantly checking hundreds of bags or controlling cars to avoid any accidents
Pros
amazing people
Service to Country.Learned to constantly be on top of my A game.Managed multi-million dollar Fuels account for Billion dollar Warship.Met amazing fellow Servicemembers that I will cherish for the rest of my life.Hardest part of the job was the unpredictible nature of never knowing where or when we would be deployed.The best part of the job was doing what needed to be done.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
This job is very productive and fast paced. I learned how to sort through classified message traffic and disburse them to the appropriate sources. I also learned how to conduct training to the operations division. I am the supply petty officer here, so I deal with purchase requests and budgets as well in order for us to get what we need without overspending.
I loved that I know I had a steady paycheck and benefits, but I didn't like that my whole life revolved around the Navy. I'd say 50% of the time when I was trying to sleep I would get a call saying I had to go to the office for something, and I worked 12 hour days 5 days a week, so I was always exhausted. Supervisors are good and bad, just like anywhere, I think I got lucky with mine, they were great.
A typical day at work would be to muster at 0430 to prepare for my shift that starts at 0600 to 1900. I Arrive in a neatly pressed uniform, conduct a boat inspection to ensure the safety of myself and my crew. I'll arm up with small arms such as a 9mm pistol and a M240 machine gun. I would then stand-by for further orders from my supervisor. The management fluctuates but most of the time the management trust myself and my crew to manage ourselves. My co-workers are very diverse with their backgrounds but everyone seems to come together and work well as a team to get the mission accomplished safely and in a timely manner. The hardest part of the job is the weather conditions, being in the Middle East I work in 105-140 degree weather on a daily basis which can be exhausting at times. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning to drive boats and just being a part of the U.S Navy.
benefits
Cons
long working hours
I was proud to serve my country. The United States Navy was unorganized with lack of leadership and false promises. I do not wish the navy on anyone. Join a different branch.