Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 230,578 reviews matching the searchSee all 230,580 reviews

Busy work day

You will always have something to do. You do get a hour lunch break and two additional 15 min breaks so it’s not that bad. You will be lifting boxes and pushing around carts full of boxes of goods that go on the shelves. Managers and supervisors are cool and they are pretty lenient on talking time off as long as you tell them ahead of time.

Pros

Good working hours

Cons

Could be asked to finish other peoples assignments if they don’t complete them

Good place to work. Flexible hours.

I like working at Walmart and would recommend to anyone. Good pay. Flexible hours. Enjoyable covworkers. The room for advancement is good and can change to different location. Will employ anyone without experience. Training is okay. Employees get discount which is good.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Overtime

Trying too many new things at once

In the 2 years or so the company has made too many changes and management hasn't figured out how to adjust to them. One example is the doing away with dept. managers and replacing them with team leads that cover a much larger area and don't have time to do everything that needs to be done. This change also makes it harder to move up because there are less positions to move into.

Some nice benefits but low pay

Tuition benefits are a plus but the pay sucks. Scheduling is different than it used to be. We were often understaffed and had to miss breaks or take lunches way late.

Pros

Can earn pto

Cons

Low pay

No support from management

Management has a distinct separation between workers and management. Not at all inclusive. If your in with management you get away with stuff. Sweet schedule, come in late

El ambiente es muy tranquilo, aunque el salario no es justo para lo que se hace.

Aprendes muchas cosas, y hay posibilidades de subir de puesto o cambiarte de área.

Pros

El trabajo puede ser mucho o poco, depende del día, buen ambiente nunca te cansas.

Cons

El salario es el único pero que le encuentro a la empresa.

This is a good place to work You are indoors, surrounded by lots of other people, helping them.As time goes by, you start to learn the store and more about items.

Pros

Indoors, moderate pace, fair pay

Cons

Set schedule, when COVID19 hits you really don't want to be around alot of people

Poor management, poor communication, poor staffing, very stressful. Do not recommend working here.

Personnel changes month to month and with that any talk or understanding that you came to with the old Personnel Lead are thrown out the window, says open door policy but really isn't, you'll be asked to "walk and talk" and if it's a problem with your schedule you'll be be told "no, work what your scheduled" even if it's a day you said you couldn't work prior. Severely under staffed in deli and bakery. Deli has 2 closers for the whole week with only 1 ever on shift so if anyone calls to place an order, you most likely will not be helped. Bakery only has 1 employee after 5pm and they are behind the deli. Management is very hands off and cannot help you anymore and you have to talk to Personnel.

Cons

Personnel changes month to month, Requested time off gets rejected frequently, Barely any staff at deli, Due to low staff breaks are skipped in order to keep to the high standards, Personnel rejects bereavement pay.

Fast-paced.

Good for students can gain a lot of experience. Not good for the long run. Management can be good at times. Some associates can be friendly others not so much.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

not enough hours

Descent place to work

If it wasn't for my coworkers I probably wouldn't be going on 4 years here. Unrealistic expectations, very condescending attitude to anyone under the store manager or coaches.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?

Management sucks. Constantly lying to employees

Was there for 4 years. The first 2 we’re good felt appreciated by management. Got new manager and everything went downhill fast. Cashiers were considered the lowest on the food change! Customers could say or do anything to a cashier and we had to take it, management never took the side of the cashier!

Pros

Nothing free

Cons

The whole job sucked

Productive workplace

Fast pace workplace. All cultures are accepted. The coworkers have a bit of a problem with communication. The schedules sometimes overlap at times. There is wide cultural diversity.

Pros

Lunch

Great Job for starting out

I enjoyed my time here. The coworkers made the place lively and the pay was pretty good when I first started there. Honestly If I could I would go back there.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Manager

Awesome people great customers great place to work. The whole team make sure the job get done. Great hours pretty cool people to make the job go by faster

Schedule wasn't flexible, pay was ok

I worked here as a sales associate for many years. I enjoyed zoning the sales floor more so than working as a phone operator. I prefer working on my own so that I could focus on getting my department cleaned and organized. I didn't really like working as a phone operator and transferring phone calls. Customers would get mad because they couldn't get a hold of anybody in there department. One of the things I didn't like was just trying to find other associates to give me a break. The hours there they were pretty set, but you were scheduled to work holidays if your work day runs on a holiday. Pay at the time was decent and it would have been nice to have gotten more bonuses.

Pros

Sales associate discount card, Christmastime extra discount, and sometimes we get bonuses.

Cons

Working holidays, under-appreciated, could be stressful, especially over the holidays.

After 20 years this company is getting worse by the day.

New hires making more or the same as long term associates. No raises, not time off, poorly managed, lack of respect, Promoting new hires before long term associates wanting to advance or hiring new associates from other companies for higher roles. Many double standards. It used to be a family oriented place to have a good career but sadly that is in the last.

Pros

Work with friends, Has very good insurance coverage and premiums are very affordable, Only 2 reasons to stay.

Cons

No time off approved, dble standards consistently, poorly managed, no accountability or proper training, low pay for long term associates compared to the new hires, no flexibility in schedules

Favorite?

Unless you are a favorite of the store management, you will not get the help, training or the compassion that employees need. And don't think of having a decent schedule so you can have a home life!

Pros

Great Co-Workers

Cons

Lazy management

Eh at least it’s a job

I worked remotely for Walmart and the pay was not enough to deal with what I was dealing with. My shift was fine, but Walmart is strict on clocking out on time because they do NOT want to have to pay you overtime.

Pros

Great shift, worked remotely, fairly easy job, hard to get fired

Cons

Pay was terrible, lack of support, emotionally drainjng

Busy and fast paced

Work was challenging, fast paced and busy on weekends. Room for laddering into management. Some good managers and some were difficult. Decent co workers.

Pros

Yearly bonus, Benefits, Lots of Hours

Cons

Long hours roughly 8.5 hrs, Opportunities for management roles, are often harder to achieve, Yearly reviews where scores are purposely average

Walmart is for someone who looking just for part time work

Working at Walmart is for teens and people who live on sombody. Not for anyone who have a house note, car note, utilities and other bills to pay with just that one income.

Pros

1hr lunch Meet people

Cons

Underpaid cashiers Overworked cashiers

If you like being worked to death for low pay with management demanding more than your best this is the job for you

Basically, gripe, gripe, gripe. When the customers aren’t griping over stuff you can’t control, the managers gripe at you, because they expect one person to do 10 peoples jobs. They raised our pay here lately, but now there are less of us to get the work done.

Pros

A lot of entertainment, kind of like a circus, because of the chaos, that should never happen in the first place. Coworkers are great, because we are all slaves to the company, and understand each other. Great benefits.

Cons

Griping customers, griping managers, and the fact that they make it well known that you can be replaced tomorrow, so they’ll gladly fire you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

59.1K