Wells Fargo

Wells Fargo Employee Reviews

Showing all 41,765 reviews

High in Sale Goals

Working for this company helped me grow professionally. I was lucky enough to have such amazing leaders that helped me grow within the company and as a person. The down side to this company is that their personal goals and branch goals were high for some branches who did not have the traffic to meet those goals. If goals were not met disciplinary action was taken. I was very lucky to have such an amazing leader/ team that will help each other consistently.

No life outside of work, because the hours are ridiculous.

Wells Fargo doesn’t care about its employees at all, only if you are capable of being at work. Managers are usually confused about what’s going on and you’ll most likely refer to HR 9/10. No one answers emails nor calls, and it’s very unprofessional.

Pros

Cons

Short breaks/lunches

Without any equal my favorite place to have worked.

Without equal this is my favorite company to have worked for.The support that you receive from your team, and from your regional office is phenomenal.The learning programs that are used are a little silly, and pretty much a carbon copy of any other major corporate training programs, but once you're on the floor doing work in a Branch, the systems are learned quickly and are easy to grasp.The benefits support from Wells is unmatched, healthcare is affordable, and compensation makes you feel as though you are paid for the job you are doing, never once feeling as if I was underpaid for my workload.

Pros

Salary, Benefits, Culture, Upward Mobility

Cons

Burnt Popcorn trips fire alarms - fun fact.

To be honest, worst job I ever had

Hardest job I ever had. Severely understaffed branch, lack of management support/high expectations from management when I had a manager there. Would have a long line of customers and then my manager would come over and say "ok, remember to work on this task when you have no customers." They never gave me breaks. When the managers left, everyone came early and stayed late. Overworked into depression/suicidal thoughts.

Cons

No breaks, overworked

Treading Water

Since the company eliminated sales goals you are compensated on team metrics and the people who are on your team will determine your success. There is a lax culture right now with COVID and the struggle to have people show up is half the battle so managers don't seem to care about the quality of work as long as people show up to address customer service issues.

Pros

Its a good company with good pay and benefits.

Cons

You have to be able to deal with a team where not everyone is working towards the same goal.

Fun workplace great benefits . Maternity leave benefits are excellent and there’s always room to grow.

Loved working here but the calls can get a little out of hand. Always ways of changing your schedule or advancing to a different position. They are very big on hiring within the company.

I really liked my teams I worked with

Open and fun environment with some mild competition and advancement opportunities. Managers come and go but they were all pretty enjoyable to work for.

Pros

Bankers Hours!

Cons

Pay isn't awesome

Flexible with WFH during COVID. Overall, good company with lots of opportunity to learn and set goals.

I enjoyed working here as a loan officer. I feel like I learned a lot each week. The area the company struggles with is their fulfillment team production and long response times for their vendor outreach teams. Makes for a frustrating day waiting on answers. It’s nice not having to create my own business.

Pros

Benefits 401k and PTO

Cons

Nights/weekends. Poor communication with fulfillment teams.

Great benefits, great culture, no pushy sales goals, customer service driven and doing what’s right for the customer

Wellsfargo has a great culture, doing what’s right for the customer, which can take a lot of pressure of sales goals and helps you focus on customer service. Can be rewarding if you love customer interactions and are great problem solver. You learn something new everyday. Benefits are great, bonuses can vary quarterly depending on how you individually preform with in each payout matrix, which can greatly be affected if there is a staffing issues, which makes preforming your best work for a decent payout often difficult

Pros

Cons

Lack of staff often frustrates customers and can be stressful on high traffic days.

Banking

Worked for this company for years. Had some good times and had some bad times. The good at times felt like it outweighed the bad but things took a turn for the worse. The management and crew who you work with can be a problem more than the actual job itself or the customers. I would go back to the company. If a better experience was provided.

Plenty room for advancement but culture needs work

They like to promote from within, but some of the leadership can be inconsistent. Pay is ok. The communication when new policies goes in affect could be better. Training too.

Ability to make good money, but you will work for it.

No work/life balance- benefits are good and the ability to make commission means good earnings potential. You will work every vacation and rarely have personal time

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Constant audits, investigations.

Pros: Benefits were good. Help would come from management if you really got on them. Cons: Sales atmosphere. Customer service coaching.

Pros: They had great benefits. medical and dental ect. Payout was great if sales goals were met. They encourage growth and mentor you. The customers were for the most part awesome! I really enjoy working with money so I was put on the merchant teller window.Cons: At that time sales were a huge deal (I believe that has changed since my time there). They made you feel horrible if you didn't get your sales. Yelling was involved. When you dealt with your customers there were times they would stand behind you with a clip boeard to critique you and write down all youe words. I love helping customers and before working there I had abouit 20 years of customer service experience. I found it very diffucult to focus on the customer and the task on hand and felt that I could not be myself during thos interactions. I ended up leaving due to stress.

It’s a fun environment

Wells Fargo is an excellent bank for those looking for both local branch access and digital banking services. The bank's interest rates on most of its accounts leave a lot to be desired compared to the best online banks, but they are comparable to other national banks.

Poor senior management that operates in a bubble.

Very political environment, senior leadership is out of touch. Poor employee experience. Often times flip flopped on decisions. Upside, most of my immediate team were the opposite of senior leadership.

Not terrible

Not terrible but definitely need better trainings. There was some cliques I didn’t care for but it’s just people pretending they know what they’re doing so I get it.

Great work life balance

Overall great bank with good benefits, going co workers and great leadership ship as well as amazing training.

Ok

It’s ok good pay but very demanding, very mentally draining, good pro, excellent parental leave, very diverse, there is never a boring day, constantly being debriefed on updated policy and procedures they never stay the same

Pros

Pay

Cons

Mental overdrive

Loved my coworkers

Worked at Wells Fargo for 4 years. It was definitely fast-paced, but very rewarding. Loved that I was able to help so many customers throughout my time there.

Absolute great benefits but at the same time a horrible company to work for.

The only thing that was good about my time being employed with Wells Fargo was the PTO and maternity benefits.Other than that I was running a branch completely underpaid and overworked. Not a care in the world for the amount of work I put into the company to make sure things were being done right.Had a branch manager that was an absolute loser and was able to sit in the back by his desk and hide from everyone pretending to work.Leave whenever they wanted all while I was helping the employees/customers/and making sure operations were being done correctly.Working on the west coast is completely different than working on the east coast.

Pros

Benefits.

Cons

Work life is terrible. They could care less about your quality of work.

No growth opportunities

Good benefits but very slow to no growth opportunities. Managers kept changing very unstable work atmosphere. Good for Dental and health benefits but other than that nothing exciting.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wells Fargo. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

13.3K