WorleyParsons Employee Reviews

Many good people with bad management
Engineer (Current Employee) –  DohaApril 23, 2018
- Multinational company with many good and talented people in the company, but not well appreciated by the management.
- Flexible working environment
Pros
flexible working environment
Cons
no job security, less salary benefits, limited trainning for employee development
Productive and fun work place to be
LINUX Administrator/ IT Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 22, 2018
Working there has been a great opportunity and it help build me. The management is great and the work environment is so pleasant to be. I became a great team lead. I enjoyed every moment with the company.
fast phase
PIPING DESIGNER (Current Employee) –  al khobar, Saudi ArabiaApril 22, 2018
Projects are fast phase. we learn how to be self thought because every minute matters to impress clients. our company is multi-culture I have a chance to learn other cultures and traditions.
Cons
long working hours
A well oiled monster of a machine
Subcontractor, Journeyman B Pressure Rig Welder (Former Employee) –  Blackfalds, ABApril 20, 2018
Everything flows smoothly and efficiently. I learned to fit pipe extremely well due to the sheer volume. Management was very professional. I miss it..
Pros
Long Hours/ Overtime
Cons
Work ourselves out of a job sometimes
great company
Senior Piping Designer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 19, 2018
I am looking for a company that offer me more hours and I can be able to contribute with my piping knowledge for the grow of this company and myself. I am open mind to learn and work hard with the team and client.
I enjoyed working at WorleyParsons.
Project Controls Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 18, 2018
I enjoyed working at WorleyParsons, the work was fast paced and interesting. I would work there again, if the opportunity came up. They pay very well.
Ex Employee Review
PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST-BUYER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 12, 2018
The company is a good company to work for. I got laid off due to the company not having a transition project to place me on and the Oil and Gas industry was slow.

The only thing that I did not like was the growth that I intended to gain at the company. I was promised job growth and training but that did not happen.
Average
Accounts Payable Officer (Current Employee) –  Kuala LumpurApril 12, 2018
No work life balance
Overloaded work
Using oracle system to process
No backup during holidays
Able to learn different things
Query via email and Ticket
Pros
Travel & Shift Allowance
Cons
Medical & Dental
Senior Piping Designer - Checker
Senior Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AlbertaApril 11, 2018
Worked on brownfield engineering projects for Shell Canada Ltd and Syncrude Canada Ltd. Both plants are heavy oil upgrading facilities which upgraded raw bitumen to synthetic crude oil.
Pros
Lots of variety and complexity in the project work.
Engineering Manager/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 11, 2018
Good work life balance, unusual for an engineering company. Does not due lump sum work, which limits its ability to get work in lean times. Very good technically, project management lags behind.
Pros
Recognizes that employees have a life outside work.
Average EPC Company
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, CanadaApril 11, 2018
WorleyParsons is an okay company to work for. It all depends on what experience you have and what projects you are working on. I joined during an upswing, which lasted about a year. Once the major project ended, things spiraled down quickly and heads started to roll.
Very good place to work
Senior Civil Structural Designer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 8, 2018
Productive and very good place to work, learning something every day, people are willing to help, management is very professional. The work load is coming down.
Flexible options with work schedule
Employee Relations Officer (Current Employee) –  Amadi KuwaitApril 5, 2018
Being the Employee Relations Officer allows me to interact with many people daily, I listen and learn from them and hopefully they do the same. The key to my job is caring, it opens a lot of doors and gives me access to not just work related issues but to any problem our employees might be having. I add a personal touch when the new employees arrive, I assist them in finding a permanent apartment and take them on tours of Kuwait, they really appreciate this and I enjoy it as well and getting to know their families.
Pros
Company Car
Cons
Few raises and bonuses
Would Not Recommend
Estimator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 3, 2018
Working there was a challenge. There is one guy who makes decisions and everyone else dances to his tune. No real opportunity to grow. Glad I don't work there any more and would not recommend it to anyone else.
Pros
It's a ob
Cons
Executive Assistant / Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 2, 2018
Great work-life balance. Understanding of separation of work and home. Great compensation program.

Not so easy to find out where to go when unknown information about work role.
Seconded to Petroleum Development Oman
SPI (INtools) Administrator (Current Employee) –  Oman,MuscatApril 1, 2018
Seconded to Petroleum Development Oman, therefore review of Worley Parsons wouldn't not be applicable. Working under the client managments biggest challenge in my opion would be the avoidance of conflict of interest while maintaining excellent relationships both with employer and client.
Good to Work
Lead Engineer for Projects (Current Employee) –  Abu DhabiMarch 31, 2018
WorleyParsons has good Visions of the goal and takes appropriate steps in advance to fulfill the same. During shortage of work they look upon the option for sending people on deputation to other offices or get the work share.
Pros
Location of the office is in midst of the city
Cons
No cons
The Oman country was an excellent experience and a safe place to work. The Omani people are very kind and helpful.
CONTRACTS & PROCUREMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Muscat, OmanMarch 30, 2018
The greatest experience was that we all worked as team members.
Management was great and well experienced for the skills that we provided to our client. Our Client really appreciated WorleyParsons support with their project.
Pros
Friendship with all team members
Cons
Worked many hours to support the project
Successful in completing projects within scheduled time frame and budget constraint.
Principal Pipeline Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 30, 2018
We the engineers together with management enjoyed working for WorleyParsons in a very professional, competitive, fast paced and productive environment.
N/a
Senior Supervising Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 27, 2018
It has been a couple of years since I worked there. They laid everyone off and closed down the engineering department at the time. I understand they have revised the department since, but they tend to change their minds about business strategy on short notice, and without apparent long-term planning.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WorleyParsons. Our community is ready to answer.